Chord dave vs ps direct stream

On Darko.Audio site, a comparing of chord dave dac vs ps audio direct stream.

Like he said, ps audio much much better VFM. I think as dacs go even naim dealers (who carry chord) view naim DACs a step behind. All depends on what you want. The uniti system is the best compromise to get a high end streaming solution.

personally i don’t like the sound of ps sources. Chord dave is not very carried in Paris. But i would like to listen too for curiosity.

1 Like

Having heard Dave, and been extremely fortunate in having been able to afford to buy it at the time, I have no inclination to ever want to hear another DAC. I guess that one day it’ll die, and if I’m still in the land of the hearing I’ll need to replace it: when I wouldn’t want anything lesser - but hopefully the sound quality by then will be available far cheaper This review comparing the PS suggests that progress is being made, though at present only that one reviewer’s view.

1 Like

This other thread (NDX 2 review and comparison to PS Audio DirectStream and Metrum Adagio) compared the PS Direct Stream to the Naim NDX 2 and Metrum Adagio. They didn’t like PS Audio either in comparison. For those who like Chord, Rob has some pretty strong opinions on DSD that sound reasonable to me.

1 Like

if you had the chord dave into non naim amp or active atc, you could bypass the pre, as Innocent B.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.