Chord GroundARAY - brilliant or bollocks?

And my dCS (which replaced a Linn) fronts a 552/500 system. Both units were freshly recapped and DR’d last year - which I guess speaks to brand loyalty. I just signed up for another 15 year hitch!

Best
Gregg

6 Likes

I assume the thread under discussion is the Chord TT MScaler etc thread that is currently absent. Although I contributed very little to it I did find it very interesting, not least for the ongoing discussions in it about streaming sources and stores, including Innuos, Melco etc, and other options like RPi, and, indeed, Naim streamers as renderers into Chord DACs. Inevitably some people prefer the sound via the Chord DACs, and some of the discussions on there about separation and isolation. I guess it is even possible that Naim R&D and marketing may find some aspects of these discussions of experiences and preferences of interest or value in furthering awareness.

I hadn’t dipped into it for a week or so, I have no idea what what the particular developments caused Richard to pull it for review, however I do hope it returns after cleanup, even if only as a closed thread to retain availability of info.

You felt concerned ?

I have been a member of this forum going on 20 years. Not concerned in the least.
Any reason why you ask??

Post 144 20 hours ago was the last post to discuss the actual topic (unless some have been deleted).

Sorry, but as we all know, that is not only your call.

2 Likes

However it is not anyone else’s call to close a thread just because they don’t like it or aren’t interested, though they can flag it if it breaks forum rules, but if the OP decides to request his or her own thread to be closed Richard normally obliges. And it is not unreasonable for the OP to request certain limitations, though not enforceable.

3 Likes

Sometimes bollocks are brilliant.

I remember our friendly discussions on the DCS thread……:hatched_chick::rofl:

1 Like

It is a fine line. But the blurb does state, “The forum embraces all members regardless of background or whether you own any Naim equipment or not. What unites us all is a passion for music, hifi and Naim.”

Given this, it would be odd to own differing brands, come onto a community forum and not either talk about them or even talk them up. As a direct result of the Chord MScaler thread I bought a ND5XS2 as a streaming transport.

Like I said, a fine line - but perhaps the intro blurb should say, 'The forum embraces all members regardless of background or whether you own any Naim equipment or not - just don’t take the piss. What unites us all is a passion for music, hifi and Naim.

2 Likes

Trouble is “taking the piss” is a subjective call in itself.

1 Like

My discussions with others were extremely friendly and polite. Not with you.
Enjoy your day.

Back to the original question of is it brilliant or…?
How would I know, I don’t even know what they are supposed to be doing and how they do it.

1 Like

It’s brilliant because it has generated discussion! It may never have come to most members’ attention if HH hadn’t started this thread!

Well maybe…….but i am still non the clearer if anyone has tried it, does it work.

Somebody has tried it. Read the thread.

Of course it works. It takes your money and converts it into Chord Cable Company’s profits. That is exactly what it is intended to do!

4 Likes

I missed that amongst the rubbish

3 Likes

Just read a few online bits and bobs.
Working on principles that have been around a while - adding some grounding to your dedicated mains supply - which I’m sure many are familiar with, but with the convenience of a little dongle.
If I was to take a punt I would get one with an optical connection as there’s more opportunities to play.

One person’s rubbish is another’s treasure.

Of course