Chord GroundARAY Plugs

Thanks @anon4489532 suggesting a change to the set up of my components on my rack, which has resulted in a significant difference and improvement.

More detail, greater soundstage and the bass is deeper, but not overpowering.

Thanks again and enjoying this FOC upgrade.

This brings me onto to the next potential upgrade. I received today from my dealer a demo box of the Chord GroundARAY plugs which I’m now going to start playing with.

Have read some good reviews on this forum, so now it’s my turn to go down this road / rabbit hole…

DG

6 Likes

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

9 Likes

I suggest that you try the RJ45 into your EE8 first Diggy. It’s the only one that I have after being told that it provides the most significant upgrade. It’s nice. I will be interested to read how you get on with the rest of them in your system.

4 Likes

Whose turn is it to buy Richard a soothing milk drink?

I hope everyone plays nicely on this one :peace_symbol:

4 Likes

5 Likes

Glad that you found them to work well. Yes, read previously that the RJ45 version yielded a big improvement.

Presently, having a detailed listening session to sort out the demo tracks.

Hi-Fi is such fun, glad that I’m virtually retired to be able to set time aside to enjoy things like this.

DG

2 Likes

I resemble that…

DG

2 Likes

seconded in RJ45 and the 5 Pin DIN in to the back of your 282

I found these work best in pairs

2 Likes

Here we go again…

1 Like

Switch ports are isolated from each other. If these do anything at all (which I doubt), an unused switch port would be the last place to try.

2 Likes

But my ears tell me…

2 Likes

Yes we certainly do :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Are they a suppository?

4 Likes

Would be interesting to hear Chord on this since they make both EE8 and GroundARAY for the same.

1 Like

It would be, but they’d be essentially slagging off their switch.

2 Likes

Your statement claims 100% of switches on the market are constructed this way not having common ground. Pretty bold one, yes?

1 Like

No idea about a 100%. A half decent replacement switch would be a lot cheaper than one of these though. (And might actually do something, whether these do I doubt).

And they’d still be admitting an issue with their own ludicrously priced switch.

3 Likes

Wow, it took 12 posts to get to the inevitable biological insertion…

Slacking.

What was it last time?..‘Dildo’, if memory serves.

Just…poor…

3 Likes

Hifi acupuncture

2 Likes

A friend brought over 3 Ansuz Noise Sortz Signature RCA plugs the other night. Plugged them into my 552 and the results were impressive. Lower noise floor, more music. I was impressed. I plan to try the Chord Groudaray’s next for comparison.

Not snake oil at all.

7 Likes