Chord Music Speaker links - Direction?

Nice idea, mdsnames: 500series setup costing less than speaker links…there should be a marked for this…

Interesting to see that you have connected the speaker leads from the amp to the bottom box.
When I bought my 808s my dealer recommended connecting to the top box and then running the jumper leads to the bottom box.
I am however using Super Lumina speaker cable from my amp and a pair of NACA 5 cables as jumpers. Easy to try the other way round of course (which I haven’t as yet).

@MichaelF: my 808s were installed by dealer with my then in use NACA5 cable to bottom box. I once tried it to top box with original 808 links turned around to bottom box and didn’t like it. So put it back to bottom box. Will have to try it with Music Cable after a run in period. Actually I am not in a hurry, for it is sounding absolutely fine as it is.
I think, I remember seeing some pictures on the net, when contemplating the Titans 808, with the speaker cables running to the bottom box.
Maybe the tad more control over the bass department suits my room better, than the other way round?

Yes of course every situation is different. I have only had my 808s a few months and of course it costs nothing to try the other way around.

I wonder if other Kudos T88 or 808 users here have any experiences to tell. Experiences with different makes of jumper leads too… my dealer was using Super Lumina jumpers but they were an added expenditure that I could pursue in due course, or indeed the Chord Music ones you have.

1 Like

The Chord Signature links have arrows.

Those arrows are for the direction of the money flying out of your wallet.

2 Likes

I recently got 2 Chord Shawline streaming cables. Only one had the black dot directional marker. So, I’ve assumed that for then other one it goes in the direction of the writing, as it does on the other one with the marker.

@MichaelF: Follow up to your question:
Derek Gilligan from Kudos answered in an email, that the 808 was designed with speaker cables into bottom box, then links to top-cabinet. However, he stated there is no absolut rule to this, some customers prefer the speaker cables to top box, then links to bottom box, some the other way round…because of the split design cross-over you are free to experiment…

Thank you for your comprehensive reply Jodi. You have saved me contacting Derek for a definitive answer. I will experiment in due course.

Also, the diagonal connections shown in Ryder’s photo above are an option. That is usually my preference when using jumpers.

Might I be bold enough to ask how many English pounds they cost?

Not sure about other makes, someone here will know, but the Naim Super Lumina links are £999. Ouch!

1 Like

Thank you Michael. And…ouch!

I just bought a 10m pair of WitchHat Phantom for $800. The same length in SL would have been about the cost of a new NAC-252. :flushed:

The Chord Music is about 3 times the cost of Superlumina

I wonder what the “treat in store for Naim users” is?

It/they (?) are mentioned in the Chord entry for the Bristol show. Thought it might be the switch referred to elsewhere but this seems specific to Naim.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.