Chord odyssey and epic speaker cables

JimDog, Copying from a post where I gave my initial impressions a couple months ago, and it all still holds true. Still staying up too late listening…

…the 350 are phenomenal. I wasn’t sure if I’d get the same improvement I’d read about with electrostatics, but the difference in sound reproduction has been exhilarating. Much deeper, tighter base, incredible control of dynamics (notes start and stop on a dime), more life-like sound and detail in all instruments and voice (I can hear Sarah Vaughn’s breath control in a way I couldn’t before), and my previously lousy-sounding CDs (pop music from prior decades and some Jazz albums before the 60s), no longer sound flat and harsh, but closer to well-produced modern recordings. I have been listening for way too late at night because I keep wanting to hear “just one more song.” Rediscovering older music that I haven’t listened to in ages has been a thrill.

1 Like

@Amuffin et al apologies just looked back at some old info and realized my experience was with the Chord Signature, not the Odyssey. Late middle age memory error. I’ll edit my post as well.
Steve

I’ve just replaced KS-1 with Super Lumina and that made it sound thin and weedy too.

SL speaker cables, new, take just as long as any other Naim product to run in……. I think :thinking:?

ATB, J

Mine weren’t new. Naim have no stock apparently.

I use the Chord Epic Twin speaker cable which replaced NACA5. I think these are relatively comparable with the Chord sounding a bit more ‘rough’ …

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.