Chord powerhouse m6 or S6

So a shuko EU plug like my Kharma GR power cable should be fine then ?

1 Like

I donā€™t think so, looks like an incompatibility of your cable at the M6 end.

Specifications

Six output sockets (UK or Euro)
Input socket: 16 amp
Outlet ratings: 13 amp (UK)/16 amp (EU)
Rated power and/or current: max 16 A
Supply voltage: 100-250 V
Frequency: 50/60 Hz

So why it couldnā€™t work?

1 Like

The inlet on the M6 accepts this shapeā€¦

2 Likes

See @Dave pic, the pin configuration is different from your cable, yours are vertical, the M6 are horizontal. I donā€™t have experience of your cable, just googled it.

What cables have this shape? Have I to modify it ? Powerline donā€™t fit too?

No the powerline doesnā€™t work, unsurprisingly Chord have cables that work.

1 Like

That is an IEC C15 connector. The Chord block requires an IEC C19 connector.

There is a quick reference chart and info on Wikipedia

2 Likes

This is a 20 amp plug not a 16ā€¦

There are adapters so you can fit a Powerline into a C19 IEC. Whether that is a to big compromise or not :man_shrugging: Shunyata make ā€œhifiā€ versions of them.

Not cool . I would have to modify the connector.

1 Like

Next to mine, the M6 is indeed a bit bigger/longer but the S6 (in the middle) not so much, but both feel very solid and substantial

1 Like

My new M6 is a magic to my equipmentā€¦thx Chord

8 Likes

My system sounds great, the whiskey I drink enhances my experience :grinning: :stuck_out_tongue: :grinning:

5 Likes

Put back your microwave powerblock back to see the difference. It must be really night and day. I remember how you were reluctant to change your powerblock at that time. :laughing:

1 Like

Those old days i didnā€™t take too much care about the benefit of powerblock i realized after i bought Matrix 2

1 Like

After I use the M6, if I had to set the stability in the sound from day to day 100% is a referenceā€¦ then on a less good day for its own reasons it is 94%ā€¦ Itā€™s pretty good

The M6 will be on my next wish upgrades. The only annoying thing is to find someone who can change the IEC connector.

2 Likes

Do you mean on the M6 itself? If so, why? Just get a suitable power cable or simply change the connector on an existing cable. If itā€™s a Chord cable, theyā€™ll do it for you.