Chord Signature Cable RCA to Din Modification At Source End

After almost 40 years (on and off) in Hi Fi retail, thought it might be time to post my first question on any hi fi forum, which I hope you wise sages might be able to answer.
I have the above cable connecting a CDX2/XPS2 to a PMC Cor amplifier using RCA at both ends.
Would there be any benefit is having the source end of the cable changed to Din to allow me to use the Din outputs on the CDX2 ?
Over to you !

If you have the option of using the DIN output instead of the RCA Phonos then do it as, all else being equal, the DIN will outperform the RCA Phonos, even if only at one end.

n.b. for best performance with a CDX2, be sure to only have either the DIN or the RCA Phono sockets selected - never both together.

2 Likes

Hello Richard.
Thanks for your reply.
Will be interesting to hear what other forum members say (if any) but you sort of echo my own thoughts on the subject.
More responses welcome nonetheless !

Welcome to the forum KLF!
I can’t speak directly to you question but I did change from a Chord Signature RCA - RCA to a Din-Din and noticed a small but noticeable improvement with the Din-Din. More air to the HF and a little better imaging too. This was on an NDX2 but I’d guess similar with another source.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum KLF3…uhuh uhuh.

Sorry. Could not resist.
But…welcome!

1 Like

You could use one of these adapters.

1 Like

I have a non Naim pre. Was using RCA to RCA interconnect from Nds to the pre. Then asked Chord to modify it to Din to RCA. The sound was clearly better. The cable is Chord signature tuned array.

2 Likes

Fine for temporary use, but you might as well stick with the RCA-RCA as all you’re doing is adding extra connections and metal - a proper DIN-RCA Phono sounds much better.

2 Likes

Going from RCA->RCA from my Chord Qutest into my Supernait 3 was revealed to be clearly inferior once I moved to a Chord Cable Co Chrysalis RCA -DIN.

2 Likes

Many thanks to all of you who responded to my original post.
I’ve also had a chat with the Chord Company and have decided to take the plunge and get it done.
As they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.