Christmas playlist

Got some friends coming round a Christmas and I am doing a playlist,looking for some inspiration of great songs.i am going to start it off with MIKE OLDFIELD IN DULCE JUBILO to give you a idea of my musical tastes.ty all and all the best for Christmas and the new year nigel.

1 Like

Assuming it’s Christmas themed, Gaudete by Steeleye Span might work well…

1 Like

Ty great choice

1 Like

Jon Anderson,s 3 ships is a great crimbo album . Prob one of the best .

1 Like

Kate Rusby has issued a number of seasonal albums. All are worth exploring

1 Like

Fairytale of New York

Just leave on repeat.

Bruce (unhelpfully)

3 Likes

I have a Christmas playlist with all the old favs, but the tracks that get the most “likes” from friends/family when round are a Bing Crosby Christmas album and also a “Classic Christmas” album that I cant even remember which orchestra or even where it came from !

The festive season always sees me bringing out David Rees-Williams’ punningly titled Ex-Mass. This superbly inventive jazz trio take on several well-known carols and Christmas songs manages to explore the music material whilst never failing to get my foot tapping. Very well recorded, too. It’s from Champs Hill Records and available from several of the usual sources including downloads.

Enjoy.

Roger

One of my favourite male vocalist - Mario Biondi:

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9dNGG33bl8&list=RDwuoGgvjen4M&index=3]

I always really enjoy Duke Ellington’s version of the Nutcracker Suite

I know it’s hackneyed at this time of year, but I have a deep love for Greg Lake’s I Believe in Father Christmas.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.