Christmas Trees

Well Mrs Hanumike has spent all afternoon putting up our tree while I supervised from the sidelines while watching snooker, football and finally the GP, I think we’ve done a smashing job.

12 Likes

I need to learn from you! I am told I do too much for my direct reports. On a separate note, it’s reported that given many are working from home, some would take up multiple jobs only showing up during zoom meetings. I have so much to learn!

Beautiful tree. Beautiful lights. Well done! :+1:

Just had to buy new lights for the first time in nearly 20 years. Wish I could remember where we got the last lot from. They were tremendous. Would pull them out from the loft each year and there was never a single bulb failure. This year a third went down and there was no rescue.

Anyways, assisted by a very enthusiastic 2 year old here’s our black, white abs solver effort.

3 Likes

Nice @Hanumike and @mikehughescq !

Managed to get ours up (my wife takes the honours, all her work. I just lift things) before my Flu jab gave me the only bad reaction I’d ever had and ended my weekend.

2 Likes

Thanks @davidng but I’m afraid my other half deserves all the credit.

Less is more this year. Slimmed down display but kept Mrs Bruss’ childhood angel.

2 Likes

Call me Scrooge but I won’t have one in the house; however, the other influence on my life, apart from this forum, sneaks in some twigs and a few lights. This year, due to family issues, I’ve got away with it until Christmas Eve, which is about right - bah humbug.

4 Likes

This year my wife decided to buy a living tree in a pot. It’s too small for my liking - though if it thrives it could be right in a few years (5?) and then after a while have to be outside!

I know today is Santa Claus’s feast day (St Nicholas), but our tree won’t get decorated for a while yet: I’ve grudgingly succumbed to moving the decoration day forward from Xmas Eve which was our norm, primarily as a nod to the fact that we are often away visiting family for a few days over the Christmas period, but never decorated any earlier than the the weekend before.

The office/guest ‘tree’…

Multipurpose - hang eggs at Easter, skulls at Halloween etc.

1 Like

A real tree this year for us…

Atb
Kk

2 Likes

And on more… In the back room.

Atb
Kk

5 Likes

I’m with you, I hate the things. Unfortunately the other half doesn’t share my views.

3 Likes

Abit of colour this year for me instead of the usual monochrome efforts.

I just read a piece on Northern Cardinals not migrating and how they survive the winter; when you take down your tree don’t discard it, throw it in the yard and a bird will use it for shelter!

2 Likes

Nice and symmetrical, will keep members with OCD happy!!

2 Likes

With a house move next week I’ve got away with no decorations so far. Tree and tinsel will have to wait until unpacked so probably be a mad rush Christmas Eve to get everything done :man_facepalming:

What became of the trend for hanging Christmas Trees upside down?

On another note, a couple of years back in a fairly affluent part of Central London, shortly after Christmas there were numerous trees dumped in the street - may be the Council refuse dept had an arrangement to collect them, I don’t know. But quite a few of the trees were still fully decorated…

The kids and my partner will go tree picking/sawing on the 18th and bring it home for decorating. We are fortunate that my partners Aunty owns a Forrest on her farm, so the Fir tree hunting tradition is well established.

My specifications are that it can’t be higher than 2m and it’s base spread no more than 1m diameter.

Picture to come.

Just put ours up - a glass of oloroso to help!

3 Likes

Picture of tree in full to follow. Let us see how long Mr Avocado (made by my own fair hand) remains in place…

1 Like