Christmas Trees

Ours fell over last night!…Righted now and it seems to be holding.

G

1 Like

This is the front room tree. Tree for back room being collected after lunch

3 Likes

We want pics of you and your snowman at some point😂

Thurs nae snaw … … … yet, ken. :man_shrugging: :snowman_with_snow: :snowman_with_snow:

1 Like

Wouldn’t be Christmas if the tree didn’t take a tumble at least once.

images

2 Likes

Andrea takes the 2022 minimalist award quite comfortably IMO!! :grinning:

Peter

What’s the monolith behind the plant? Is it a speaker?

Sorted the theme for the sketching room, just need to decide the tree size now
(A recent visit to Warwick Castle)

1 Like

3 Likes

You had me there for a second! Glorious room!

1 Like

9 Likes

A lovely clock, @Debs.

And is that a Zuni fetish frog on the hearth? Looks almost like a Ricky Laahty carving:
download (1)

1 Like

There is a screwed up Tesco receipt ? :slightly_smiling_face:

Maybe it’s a festive seasonal spirit hallucination? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:frog:

1 Like

Well, I am a bit croaky this evening!

But…it does look a wee bit froggy. If you squint :laughing:
4e91ad16a6956b9f68c616b8dd10112e877e42a6_2_878x1000.jpeg

Life imitating Art :crazy_face:

1 Like

Subconscious origami skills! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Do you have a reindeer on both speakers for balance? Have you tried other soft toys to see how they affect the sound?

1 Like

There’s no need to disturb the reindeers, just have another dark chocolate brandy-liqueur and it will sound fine :yum:

1 Like

This is my crappy, very old, fibre optic Xmas tree I got from Woolworths. It’s starting to fall apart and sometimes the coloured disc gets stuck and needs a well aimed thump to encourage it’s good behaviour. Despite its faults, Mrs G and I put it up every year along with our two other trees which are far more respectable. It’s rubbish but we love it.

It’s impossible to get a sharp pic of it, so apologies if you end up squinting.

4 Likes

With Christmas Eve this coming Friday, and time being very tight due to other things I decided to put up the tree this evening. As mentioned earlier it is our first attempt with a live one, and almost embarrassingly small (norm is the largest that will fit, sitting on the floor). Only enough space fir one set of lights. I decided on a theme of red and gold - though the dominant blue and green LEDs somewhat drown out the other colours! (There are actually an equal number of red, yellow, blue and green LEDs.)

Unilluminated:

And looking at that last pic it is a bit sparse with lights off, or maybe in full daylight with lights on, so I may add more decorations this eve.

2 Likes

Unpacking our decorations I saw our reindeer came from Focus. So that must be a few years old as well. Not quite as old as Woolies though.

4 Likes