Chrome Bumper Lamp / Switch Cover?

One of my NAP 250s has just come back from a service at Naim, and they’ve fitted a Bolt-down lamp / switch cover on it! I spoke to Darran (to whom it was originally sent) and he tells me that the switch was faulty, so Naim replaced it. Why they didn’t put the original lamp cover back on it is beyond me…

Some on eBay. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I couldn’t find Lok Hi-Fi’s listings…

Weird, found them, now… still that’s £16 that I didn’t need to spend…

Have you contacted Naim support about this?

Guinless – I spoke to Darran about it (the amp was originally sent to him for servicing, and he had to send it on to Naim). He told me that Naim haven’t had stock of the correct switch “for years”, which is odd, since they’re available on the Radio Spares website, apparently…

I was under the impression that you couldn’t contact Naim directly anymore – you have to go through a dealer…

You can contact Naim as below.

Contact Information

For help with all Naim product installation and operation please use the following details:

support@naimaudio.com
T: +44 (0) 1722 443405

Hours of service are Mon-Fri 9:30am-5:30pm GMT/BST

Could you provide a picture, please?

There are some replacement green switches from RS that look very similar but they aren’t quite the same, sad to say. I found that out the hard way…

Yes, I tried that, the replacement lens got stuck fast in the switch…

Thanks for the info, Guinless!

Top switch is bolt-down, lower switch is series-correct. The difference is much more pronounced IRL…

Ok I can see the difference. I’ve checked my CB250 and it’s the correct one. :slightly_smiling_face:
The one on eBay appears to be correct with the bevelled edge on the switch body.

1 Like

Guinless – do you have a link? I can only find lamp covers and lamps, not the actual switch…

No commercial links are allowed in Hi-Fi Corner.
Search for “Naim Audio Nap 135 / 160 / 250 Lamp”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.