Chromecast Icon for ND5 XS2 does not show on Tidal & Qobuz apps

I have a quite new ND5 XS2. The Chromecast icon for it no longer appears in Tidal & Qobuz apps (Android and IOS both). Was not a problem in the recent past. Tried to re-assign in Google Home - not there, and not found in a (re) scan. I can still cast music from the music app in my Xperia phone. Couldn’t find people with similar problems here on the forum, which surprised me. Any thoughts from anyone ? PS. The Chromecast attached to the telly in the bedroom shows up ok.

I believe there is a known issue with Chromecast currently. Google have made some authentication server changes which don’t work reliably and Naim have drawn to Google’s attention and left it with Google to solve. It affects other manufacturers too.

You might find that restarting the ND5 XS2 once or twice gets it back (but I’m guessing).

Best

David

Thank you David. Have tried unplugging & leaving for a while a few times now. Maybe the next Naim firmware update might solve it … hopefully will also bring Tidal Connect and won’t be too long in the wait.

As I say the Chromecast issue isn’t at Naim’s end, so it will be fixed when Google fixes it. Could be anytime. It’s out of Naim’s hands.

Best

David

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.