Chromecast multiroom sync problem with Chord

I have a ND5XS2, MScaler, TT2 into a 282 and love the combo. The only aspect I can’t quite get to work right is to use them with Chromecast for multiroom, ie Chromecast from the ND5XS2 (into Mscaler then TT2) and a standalone Chromecast audio into a basic Marantz unit in the kitchen. In the Google Home app I can only delay the latter by 200ms, and that’s not enough to bring them into sync, even with the MScaler in video mode. What’s a bit frustrating is that when I demoed them I tried the ND5XS2 into the TT2 and I could get it in sync so I bought a second Chromecast audio to go directly directly into this TT2. But 200ms here is still not enough. It’s by no means a massive problem - using a RPi4 as a Roon enpoint into the Marantz I can add a 700ms delay and it’s all fine (and sounds great), but occasionally I don’t want to use Roon.
Anyone else have this working ? Unless I’m missing something in the setup, all I can think of is to put the second Chromecast audio directly into the 282, but I’d then miss out on the Chord goodness.

I presume the heavy duty processing in the M-Scaler is what introduces most of the latency. I doubt there is any way round this.
I get a similar issue using Dave (no M-Scaler) although the delay is reduced if I put it in DSD mode even when playing PCM.

I used to own the same front end as you have. I was just trying to sync my TV through the Nd5xs2/Mscaler/TT2, but could not get it right. I gave up,but I did get it to sync with just the Nd5xs2,using it’s on board Dac into my integrated.

Thanks both, I suspected there was no easy fix.
The odd thing is that I’m sure it worked with the demo TT2 alone. Thinking about it more, I am using the warm filter (3 I think)now which I wasn’t when demo’ing. Wouldn’t have thought that would require that much processing, but something to try later

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.