Chromecast "UPDATING"

My French dealer confirmed they will replace my Nova (which will take several weeks).
My concern is that I face exactly the same issue with the new one (as it might be a structural bug and/or something not fixed yet and not tested before shipped to the dealer)…

It’s not a structural bug - a unit either has a functioning Google Token or not. It’s a specific fix.

OK, then I hope it will be tested before shipment…otherwise there is still a risk

Once you get an RMA number, I can track it in the system to reassure you, if you like?

Sure, will do, thanks

I’m also having the same issue with my recently acquired Uniti Atom where the chromecast version stays in updating status. I have written to Naim Support (Ticket: 106410) and hope this can be resolved asap as I am very eager in using this feature.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll flag this up to support to investigate.

It does seem that there are a few of us with this problem on recently built Uniti devices. Can you please get someone else to contact me by email please Richard. I’m in Japan, and don’t really want to have to return the unit to the UK, especially with the long lead time for a replacement.

Nick, what’s your ticket number?

Got to be honest, I have lost the auto reply with the ticket number. But as this thread has gone on, I have now had the original answer by mail, a different answer when I telephoned direct and now seeing another possible remedy in this thread. I’d like something a bit more definitive - my dealer has been furloughed now also back in the UK.

OK, I’ll need a ticket number in order to to progress this for you with Naim support. Or else hang in there and see what solution comes for others.

Thanks Richard - I’ll follow this thread and see what progresses.

Just a timely reminder to anyone contacting Naim support via email - please could you always supply the serial number of the unit in question. Thanks.

2 Likes

Update: It seems my Atom needs to be replaced/repaired and there is no way to resolve this remotely.
As it is within the 30days period (28days ago received) I hope it will be replaced by my local dealer.

I also received a reply form support that my unit has to be replaced (it’s brand new). My dealer arranged an exchange which will arrive next week. I hope that this new unit won’t have the same issue… fingers crossed…

Yes, let us know. Don’t know when I will receive mine, no indication from the dealer.

Lucky for you. I just received an update form my dealer saying that they agreed with Naim to have my unit repaired, no exchange as they don’t know how many items were affected. Funny that nowadays it seems you buy a faulty product that needs repair first in order to work as designed. Not too happy about this solution.

@Rantanplan I honestly wouldn’t accept that solution. If it didn’t work from day one, the unit is effectively dead on arrival and it should be replaced. Simple.

@mikedemunck Thanks. I’m still steaming but on the other hand if there is a load of faulty products out on the marked there is a bigger chance that you end up with a new item that has the same issue and you start all over again. I am waiting for Naim to contact me to arrange pick up.
Also I’m not entirely sure who is to blame here, Naim or Google providing faulty tokens.

1 Like

IIRC, if it’s faulty right out of the box then it should normally be replaced, unless policy has in some way changed lately. Maybe there was a communication mix up somewhere?

1 Like