Cisco 2960 set up

…or maybe not. Mine from ebay worked from the off, which is just as well as reconfiguring chat leaves me lost.

Good luck!

G

1 Like

£35 is a great bargain. Paid £99 for mine. Best of luck with the Switch! :smiley:

1 Like

Mine works superbly from eBay (once I kept away from the console input) and stopped pressing buttons

1 Like

Dreaded console input put me right off. Back in the game now!

I bought mine a while ago from one of the various “multiple” sellers on the bay
I asked if it was factory reset before purchase
The stated all their switches were
No issues upon arrival and less than £50 … happy days

I’m using a netgear gs106 at the mo so I’m keen to see if the Cisco offers any upgrade…hopefully should from what I’ve read here

I had a GS105 and the difference was startlingly obvious, more so because I hadn’t expected it.

I had a LinkSys Gbit switch and don’t hear any difference changing to the Cisco 2960G.

Ok switch arrived, it’s dated 08 2011, powered up , went through self test so connected up and put on fink, warm shadow… Christ on a bike! How can a switch make such an improvement! Gob smacked is the phrase.
I was happy with my netgear and now I’m extremely happy I gave in and bought one, my nova never sounded so ballsy! Ta all .

5 Likes

That’s fantastic news @Hifi-dog.

Mines sounding pretty good too. Enjoy the music!

2 Likes

I also just got a Cisco switch working and also couldn’t quite believe the difference it made. When I shared that in one of the Naim Facebook groups, there were some that said it’s pure snake oil, but I know what I heard. Anyway it a small sum of money to pay to try relative to what we pay for our Naim.

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:@silklee,…

•1. Congratulations,.it’s fun with cheap upgrades.
It was in a thread that Hungryhalibut and Simon In Suffolk started 2016,.as I drew attention to this Cisco 2960.

After 2016 to today,.60 pieces have bought a Cisco only in our group here in Sweden.
As well as on other forums in Sweden,.there are also many who bought a Cisco.
Everyone has reported on better Soundquality,.some slightly smaller and some a very large increase in Soundquality.

What that difference may be due to I do not know,.I have some concerns but do not want to speculate publicly.

• 2. Silklee,.do not bother with such statements,it is often from people who do not manage to try for yourself.
Or are limited in their way of thinking,.have preconceived sentences.

The first thing you have to learn in this interest is that…
• “Dare to be Openminded”.
The second is to be…
• “Attention To Detail”…
When testing and installing products in your music-system.
If you are not,.it is easy to get an incorrect result.

Let these live in their ignorance,.and enjoy instead of your increased soundquality :wink::grin:.

/Peder🙂

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.