Classical concert in the Salisbury area

Every year, around May-June, I organise a get-together for some old friends - about 8-9 of them. Last year we were in Chipping Campden for the excellent festival. This year we’re going to be in the Salisbury-Amesbury area, and I just can’t find a festival or concert nearby. Will there be anything interesting going on in late May/early June in the vicinity (20 miles at most) ? I’m sure one of you must know…

0 Likes

Not quite what you wanted but between 18th and 23rd June there is the Farley Music Festival in All Saints Church Farley (a bit east of Salisbury).

0 Likes

The Salisbury International Arts Festival is in May, you could check out their website for upcoming events.

0 Likes

You may like to look at www.musicinsalisbury.co.uk

0 Likes

Thanks to you all. Your suggestions sound interesting - unfortunaly, either too early or too late…

0 Likes

The Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra have a concert in Salisbury Cathedral on 1 June.

If that date doesn’t suit and you fancy a slightly longer drive (approx 45 mins) the BSO have many concerts in May and June in at the Lighthouse in Poole.

The BSO is a world class orchestra and well worth going to see.

1 Like

Excellent, I’d missed that. The right day and the right programme… thank you so much!

0 Likes

That’s good, hope you enjoy it!

0 Likes

Just thought I’d let you know - I have nine tickets and we’re all very much looking forward to it.

0 Likes

Super, let us know how it was!

0 Likes