Cleaning my coloured balls

Quick question, does anyone with a Chord TT2 have advice on cleaning the coloured volume balls, any cleaning agents to use/not to use?

I use lens cleaner to clean most sensitive things that need cleaning. Whatever you do, don’t use aftershave to clean your balls.

5 Likes

I’m assuming this is a follow on to the underutilized knob post…

2 Likes

Do we clean hi-fi? I thought we had to accrue magic hi-fi dust in order to obtain a further increase in sound quality?

My TT2 is in AMP mode; is somewhere between blue and lavender (not helped by my RGBL colour blindness) and as far as cleaning is concerned I don’t go near it let alone clean it.

2 Likes

I am sure that @Mike_S have an idea on that :joy:

1 Like

I would have thought a wipe with a damp cloth is all that’s required, or advised.

The thread brings to mind my long-ago vasectomy, for which shaving the target area is required, as anyone who’s had one will know. I was a little nervous about doing it, so used Immac instead. I found out later that this really wasn’t a good idea. Anyway, it may work with Chord boxes in extremis.

2 Likes

An image that will remain with me, thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Fortunately there are no photographs.

No need, it’s all in my head thank you!

1 Like

Well, I hope that didn’t also involve ‘target practice!’

1 Like

But to answer the OP’s question, my wife picked up a plastic jug full of 'Miracle Wipes for Electronics" and those seem to be doing the trick for keeping both surfaces and screens clean. Not sure if those are a US only product or not (they also make for stainless, and other specific surfaces).

1 Like

I have not even thought about cleaning them, they are made of a rubbery material, so I think just leaving them alone is best. I use the remote for everything, so I do not see them ever getting dirty.

1 Like

Good fun when they lift up your gown and have a good look at the erhemmm appendage :face_with_hand_over_mouth::relaxed::rofl:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.