Clearaudio concept mc with stageline

Hi
I have a rega 3 goldring 1042 with naim stageline N which works very well into aux of nait xs2
Just purchased a Clearaudio concept with MC output 0.4 mv
was wondering if a stageline S would work ?
Currently using a project phono s
Anyone have any experience of this combo please
Cheers
Tony

Tony, I don’t know how well matched they will be but the Clearaudio Concept MC will certainly work fine with the Stageline S.

1 Like

Thanks Richard
Well when I get one I shall report back on my findings :grinning:
Cheers
Tony

Hi @Derosa.
I use a Stageline S with a Clearaudio Concept/Satisfy tonearm running a Dynavector 20X2-L (0.3mV) and it sounds wonderful. You may have to turn the volume up just a tad, but I think there’s enough gain there. I tend to listen to streaming music medium-loud, in general, which is about 9:00-9:30 on my SuperNait 2. When I change to my turntable, I have to turn it up to about 10:00 in order to match similar volume levels, but don’t feel it runs out of steam or anything.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply that’s great
I have one coming next week I am looking forward to getting it up and running and will let you know how it works out :blush:

2 Likes

I had a similar experience on the MM front…
For a while I used a Concept MM with a Stageline N/Flatcap XS. Excellent result, nothing really to complain, performance was livelier than the Grado-Stageline pair, even though there Is clearly a difference in refinement and musicality in favor of the Grado due to its inherent overall quality and price category.
However, the result with the Concept MM brought me to consider a top MM in the Clearaudio range when replacement time will come. Don’t forget to post your impressions when settled. Enjoy

1 Like

Clearaudio make lovely turntables, as I have said before they don’t get the love on this forum others do, I hope many were surprised by Naim’s partnership with them on manufacturing of the Solstice .

Or maybe the fact that Linn partner with them on the Krane arm could also be a clue, one of my current thoughts is to cannibalise my Clearaudio Emotion’s arm and cartridge and put them on a better TT in the form a Clearaudio Performance

2 Likes

I agree. Clearaudio make outstanding TTs, and I love your idea, too.
Here’s my Concept taking a break this morning…
Concept

3 Likes

Nice😎

1 Like

Let us know how you get on with it, @Derosa. I’d be very interested to hear your thoughts. I really, really enjoy mine.

Hi
Stageline s has been in a few days and I really like it
My last phono stage was a urika in a klimax lp12 with Krystal not kandid
With the Clearaudio mc,this is ridiculously good for the money, plus I’m only running it off a nait xs2
If you are thinking about this combo you will be drawn into the music and occasionally jumping out of your chair the bass has real powers and makes you want to move !
So all good
Thanks
Tony

2 Likes

Had a feeling you would be very pleased

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.