Cling film and corked wine

Not being in the profession I can recommend it without conflict! I suffer from mild allergic asthma and some reds, typically heavier, more robust reds, can trigger it. An antihistamine is my solution!

Iā€™ve heard of the cling film treatment for corked wine, but never tried it. I have a wine collection, but Iā€™ve only ever had one corked bottle so far. Very !ucky, I guess. It wasnā€™t a very expensive bottle, so we just poured it out and grabbed another.
I always have 4 or 5 bottles standing up, ready for consumption, to settle the sediment. So, Iā€™m able to do this in such a case. Or if we need a second bottle. Most of our wines have been layed down for about 5-6 years before we drink them, so thereā€™s always some sediment.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never had a corked bottle at home .
About four years ago was in an expensive restaurant with some vigneron friends when we were presented with a duff bottle of CDP .
There was a good deal of discussion and a lot of good natured banter ā€¦a fresh bottle was immediately served and all was well.
Regards

1 Like

Beer served in plastic glasses always tastes awful,but unfortunately it is more of a common practice.
The plastic beer bottles are just as bad.
Extortionate prices for inferior quality.
Itā€™s understandable for events I suppose itā€™s health & safety but pubs serving in plastic glasses sometimes I donā€™t really get ,unless in beer gardens again with health & safety .

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.