Closed back headphone alternative

I find the standard ear pads to be excellent and very comfortable so don’t fret about this

1 Like

Oooh they just got dropped off. Had a listen and I am suitably impressed. Thanks for the recommendation. This seems like exactly what I was looking for!

Will have a longer listening session later this evening.

1 Like

So glad you like them. And they are beautifully made - seems like they ought to cost more

1 Like

So after a few hours of listening I am very impressed with that they offer at this price. I find the Sennheiser HD660s to be the superior headphones but that was to be expected. But the margin by which this is I did not expect to be so small. I also had to get used again to the base punch, especially coming from the Sennheiser.

But the clarity and soundstage it offers is astounding all thing considered. The clarity offsets the gained bass and therefore it does not end up being quite muddy like the Sennheiser HD280 Pro I also have at home.

Comfort is very good as well, although I think I’d have to take them off sooner than the Sennheisers due to pressure strain.

But they hit the spot perfectly. And I am very happy I came looking here for answers before buying something else!

The only two actual cons I have is that I wish they had put a little more isolation between the metal frame and the cups so that contact or movement of the metal frame and the headband did not translate so much into the cups as sound. And a half a meter longer cable would have been nice.

But these are minor gripes and I am going to be spending a lot of time with them.

They certainly are stunning to look at! And the hard case they come in is a godsend. With the Sennheisers I did not get as much as a storage bag.

Also thanks to others here who suggested more expensive headphones. Although it was out of the target I was aiming at at the moment I fully accept that those would most probably be far superior and in a next life (when auditioning headphones once again becomes something that is not actually potentially deadly cause of covid) I may seek them out again. Always good to have some front runners ready for the next upgrade :wink:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.