COFFEE MACHINES,...Advice etc,etc

:small_blue_diamond:I have been and bought myself a Jura Coffee-machine.
I wonder if anyone here has some advice and tips on…
:black_small_square:Different good coffee beans,…etc,etc

Yes,…everything around that might be worth knowing.
But tips on good Coffee beans would be appreciated.

jura-e60-0

/Peder🙂

Depends where you live …
In London I rely on the Monmouth St coffee house
Out in the sticks I use Rave coffee in Cirencester
Both deliver and are online

:small_blue_diamond:Camphuw,…I live in northern Sweden :smiley:.

But it’s no problem to shop over the Internet. Maybe I should take the opportunity to shop before a possible Brexit.
Because after,…you do not know how it gets.

Do you have any tips on a good coffee bean…or beans,which I can try from these two shops.

I find it interesting to try different beans and flavors,…Especially those that are not in Sweden.

/Peder🙂

I’m a traditional coffee drinker so tend to go for Colombian.
However Rave are known for selling beans from small ethical producers.
Never mind politics - a cup of coffee solves all things.

I used to use a flash machine (La Pavoni) but now use an Aeropresse … so dumbing down my coffee as well as politics …

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:Camphuw,…Agree :+1:.

Thanks…I’ll look at their website.
I am also more in the Colombian direction.

/Peder🙂

1 Like

I’ve used this supplier for years. Good choice and price, no problems with delivery.

1 Like

Beans really depending where you live, although internet makes a lot possible.
Just make sure that you get your Jura to maintence every so many years, it pays off…

1 Like

In that case should it not be Ethiopian? :smile:

2 Likes

As a fellow Jura user, it is quite important to take note when the display comes up either “Clean Machine” or “De-scale needed”, as carrying out these actions will extend the working life of your machine considerably.

I’ve also always used Jura’s own brand cleaning and de-scaling tablets and filters, all of which are available over on Amazon at a bit of a saving.

Enjoy the coffee! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Aero press - possibly the best coffee machine ever. I keep one in my van, one at home, and one with the camping gear. Used to use it instead of my Gaggia Classic before that finally gave up and died.

3 Likes

:small_blue_diamond:BertBird,…Yes,…Internet is a good friend to find interesting beans.

The local shops here have a good assortment,…but then I traveled a lot on the continent,and tasted coffee from small local roasters.
:black_small_square:Well then I thought it would be exciting to maybe get some tips here.

Well,I think Jura is an exciting coffee-machine, good quality and easy to handle.
Then you can also plug in a computer,…and check out how many cups of coffee you’ve made and other interesting things,…to be able to give it a good service.
This Black Jura E60,…is exactly the same machine as the Jura E6.
The only difference being the color,… Jura E6 is black and silver,Jura E60 is black.

I wanted a black Jura,…and it is not sold in Sweden.
So I had to look for a while,before I found this Jura E60 in black.
There was also the Internet a good friend.

/Peder🙂

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:Dave-marshall,…Good advice,…Thanks.

The same to you,…Enjoy the coffee :coffee:.

/Peder🙂

1 Like

I have an E8 - enjoy.

Recommending coffee is pretty difficult as everyone has a different taste and there are many small artisan roasters.

However, for your run-off-the-mill coffee, the big italian houses (Lavazza, Illy and Segafreddo) all do decent enough coffee. They have different styles. I like Lavazza best out of these. You can generally order them online or they can be available in some decent supermarkets.

2 Likes

:small_blue_diamond:Cemil,…One more Jura fellow :+1:t2::grin:.

Thanks for these tips,…Lavazza is available here on three different stores.
I haven’t tried it yet,…but there are several different “flavors” of Lavazza.
Is there any special “taste” you recommend.?

I like a little more powerful coffee,…but it must not be a bitter aftertaste.

/Peder🙂

One of my personal favourites is Monsooned Malabar.

3 Likes

:small_blue_diamond:Suzywong,…Is it from Lavazza.?

Oops…Saw that it was the name of a coffee bean,…or “taste”,several different coffee-producers have it.

/Peder🙂

1 Like

Indeed - so perhaps i’m not that traditional after all

The one I use is crema e aroma - blue packet with a brown circle. It has a good balance between strength and lack of back acidity.

1 Like

My current favourite coffee is Black Label brand from Mozzo Coffee in Southampton. You can visit their website, but not sure if they export.

1 Like

Difficult to know what to recommend you should try as I don’t know your taste and I don’t know your machine. I too hate a bitter taste - if that happens it’s probably because the coffee has been too long in the water and so the coffee has “over extracted”. If too short a time it will be sour / “under extracted”. So those are flavours from errors in brewing not from the beans’ roast level or other flavour from the beans. I also hate coffee that tastes burnt - also known as every Starbucks coffee ever. Lavazza is derided by coffee snobs…

Someone mentioned Hasbean - they tend to do low roast beans (lighter roast/paler beans), more for filter / pour over coffee than espresso (espresso tends to be huge roast). I too like S American beans which are usually more chocolatey / nutty flavours - but there are huge varieties depending on source, roast method and level and skill.

Possibly my favourite beans come from foundry roasters in Sheffield. Atkinson’s in Lancaster is also very good. Neither is particularly cheap though Atkinson’s basic roasts (eg, archetype) are quite good value. I also get a few lots from Northern edge in Berwick upon tweed

We are v fortunate in the uk to have an amazing array of independent roasters around - it’s hard to keep up with them all. Was disappointed in the standard of coffee in Norway and Denmark last summer (apart from one cracking shop in Bergen) - don’t know what Sweden is like

1 Like