Colds - don't you just hate them!

Have a stinking cold. Not serious I know but maddening nonetheless!:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

:slightly_frowning_face:

Sorry to hear that. Flu jab for me tomorrow.

Cancelled my Covid booster booked for tmrwā€¦

2 Likes

Inoculates against the Brisbane Reaper variant, or similar.

Absolutely. Started the week with a mild cold. Had my Autumnal Covid Booster on Tuesday and my cold mutated into something biblicalā€‹:man_facepalming:t2::sneezing_face::sneezing_face::rage:

1 Like

Yeah, weā€™re having our Flu Jabs tomorrow too.
I think I might be out of action for the coming week at this rateā€¦

1 Like

Regular doses of red wine needed during early autumn.

4 Likes

Cancelled mine due to a clash a few weeks ago.

Mrs AC has had quite rotten joint pains recently and anecdotally I think itā€™s post vaccination. I really hope she hasnā€™t had a Reiterā€™s like side-effect rthough it would not be typical distribution wise or from a viral ā€˜infectionā€™.

Any iritis?

Iā€™ve had a cold for the last 3 weeks. Week 3, it got worse, but was then getting better. Booked a Covid jab for Monday at 00:10 this morning when they came online. Later this morning found out a band member had tested positive, so did a test, and it was positive.

Iā€™ve heard quite a few people getting long colds and was wondering if itā€™s just really covid, or a bad cold, or some sort of long covid effect.

Commonest symptoms of Covid at present are similar to ā€œcoldsā€. May want to consider LFT?

Indeed. I saw quoted somewhere that about 2/3rds of colds are in fact covid. Both my teenage kids have a dry cough, sore throat, chills etc and have for a few days now and this evening, so do I. Not currently as bad as them but I had the latest variant 2 months ago.

My recent ā€œcough with phlegmā€ lasted about three weeks and two weeks in I tested and found it was covid. Thatā€™s twice I had covid in 5 months. And I am fully vaccinated.

But the Zoe project is saying that currently there are three times as many colds as covid, notwithstanding that there are many more cases of covid too.

Never had the flu jab and thankfully I donā€™t seem to get the flu either. Also while Mrs Pete and a few other family members got covid I didnā€™t.

1 Like

The BBC had an interesting article on the website today, (wonā€™t post it as every time I post a link it gets removed) about a genetic difference that seems to give some people greater protection against covid, maybe you have it?

I did get my covid vaccines but more as a community service, my doctor keeps trying to talk me into a flu jab but I donā€™t see the point.

Iā€™m in the same boat, along with a hacking cough - my third one in 12 months!!

Had a bug for ~2weeks. Started with usual overnight sore throat, then sniffles, then went to chest with often ticklish cough, which is just about still there ā€“ just at the level to be annoying and not to want to pass it on.

Change of weather? Not putting the CH on to save cost (still 19C in evenings)? Who knows!

True for many infections / illnesses

Day 10 of stinky cold for me today but nearly betterā€¦ had covid test and came out negative

3 Likes