Combined in/out din

What are this things used for?

If I understand correctly. ForExample connecting 4rca to din. 2 Inputs and whatever is coming through the input will be duplicated to the 2 outputs. But the 4rca have the same very short length.
So if I want to copy the signal to a headphone amp, it will be difficult. Also maybe I want to have any input duplicated to one output, so I can have all that comes in played to the headphone amp?

What am I missing? I checked the manual, no luck.

Tape Recorders, for recording from and replay to, an amp.

Simples… :crazy_face:

If I am playing from tape, how can I record to same tape?
If I wanted to record … I want to say play CD and record to a different port on tape.

If you have a tape recorder, you may sometimes want to record and sometimes to replay. Better recorders had separate heads for recording and for replay, with the recording head positioned before the play head, so you could listen to what was recorded a second earlier.

With RCA, you usually connected the tape recorder with 2 stereo cables - the amp had Tape In and Tape Out sockets for RCA.

With DIN, both can be combined in one DIN socket, and hence usually a single cable

I believe for listening to one input and recording another, I think you need at least a 282. That’s what the second row of source buttons is for

I understand. So it is very specific usecase related to tapes.

Or any device that has inputs and outputs. You could have, I don’t know, a harddisk recorder that has both a DAC and an ADC

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.