Communique - Dire Straits

I have had a CD rip of Communique for some years. It’s not the best recording/master/rip so in an effort to see if I could improve it with a better rip, I thought I’d dig out the CD and try to re-rip it using different equipment/software. Thing is I can’t now find the CD! I think I may have leant it out some years back and never got it back.

So, with no idea where it went, I had a look to see if I might snap up another copy and try again. Looking around though there seem to be many pressings, English, French, German, blue swirl, red swirl, re-masters, SACD MOPI versions… the list goes on. If I’m going to buy it again, I’d like to try and get a decent recording/pressing. Unfortunately, I have no idea what pressing I had (but still have as a rip). Does anyone have multiple versions of this or know which are the ones to look for when it comes to sound quality? If so, I would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks.

Good luck.

G

Ooo, many thanks Graeme, I’ll give it a look.

1 Like

I have the ‘red swirl’ versions discussed which are better than later ‘remasters’ imho.

G

Vertigo red swirl should do just fine.

1 Like

Fantastic, thanks Graeme and Richard, I’ll give the red swirl a go.

1 Like

Just bought the mofi hybrid sacd and have really enjoyed this version.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.