Computer Audio Design(CAD) Ethernet Control

I would have never thought to try this.

As far as I understand that’s because CAD is a grounding device partly, what makes it different from other filters. I want a second one when funds allow either Stack Audio or Network Acoustics.

1 Like

Yeah I forgot about it being partially a grounding device. Glad to hear it’s working out for you. I have an EE1 and it’s been working really well for me. I’m also thinking about this device or another EE1 when funds allow.

1 Like

Or EE1, yes. But I guess I’ll need an additional cable for Chord.

1 Like

To make things even more weird I found that there’s no particular good synergy between CAD and ENO cable. As if power supply cable synergies were not enough… In my setup it seems to work better with an affordable AudioQuest Carbon ethernet. If to compare only cables ENO will be well ahead but filter bridges that gap. I’ve encountered it before when you have 2 solutions good by their own and together they work not as a sum but somewhere in the middle. So at the streamer side it was non-optimal result not only because of the Power line proximity buy rather ethernet mismatch.

However goodies come as a serendipity usual. While messing around with a filter I put a new approach to power ‘dirty’ side of the network (quite obvious one but I might never touched it). And it was a clear step forward.

Hardware is hard…

1 Like

you could try wifi of course - and avoid all this sort of thing altogether? That way you have complete operation from those ‘dirty’ cables that you are fighting so hard against? Just a thought - sometimes the best options are the simplest and staring at you in the face :grinning:

1 Like

But I’m running wifi actually (provider router → audio router 1 → wifi → audio router 2 → streamer). Basic wifi from streamer to provider router is nowhere near such setup. Semi-good solution is to use streamer wifi with audio router 1.

1 Like

I run my network in the same sort of fashion. No issues at all. Recent wifi has come along ways from the early days.

2 Likes

While I’m lacking some cables to move the front-end further I found a kind of surprising combo with CAD but nothing surprises me too much when it comes to network anymore.

It’s nd5xs2+nDac where streamer is put to wi-fi mode and cad just occupies ethernet port.

Point is that for optimal performance nd5 grounding has to be set to ‘floating’ and dac to ‘chassis’. And here CAD as a grounding device comes into play.

For me such configuration comfortably outperforms mid-priced tt (Technics GR2 the latest I had). But more interesting is if I were blind-testing I would probably say that it is also a turntable playing, just different… So for anyone searching for a kind of ‘analog’ sound in digital that might be an interesting option.

1 Like