Computer -> DAC -> MuSo QB?

Hi all,

I have a Muso QB2 and Muso 2nd gen on two different levels of my house. I use those to stream over Airplay from Tidal/Roon. I then have a macbook pro where I plan on adding a headphone DAC and an AMP for headphones. I’m still in the buying phase for that but I would like to find a way for the DAC to also help improve sound on the Naim speakers. Since both of them are too far from the DAC to use cables, I am wondering if there’s a way to do it via streaming…? Perhaps getting a DAC with streaming capabilities to stream to the speakers? Is that possible?

I am planning to buy a Schiit Yggdrasil 2 but it doesn’t have streaming capabilities.

It’d be great to get the headphone setup and improve my streaming! I looked a lot for an answer on how I can do that but couldn’t find it… perhaps it’s an obvious answer I am missing!

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

If you are using roon, then run that on your mac and select either mu-so as output. You don’t need a dac. Or airplay. Both 2nd gen mu-sos are roon ready and so use raat over the network.

For a dac/headphone amp look at the chord mojo to use with your mac.

I don’t think this is going to work quite as you are hoping. The output from a DAC is, of course, analogue, so you would not be streaming it over your network to a Muso. You could connect a DAC to the analogue input on the Muso, although it would then be digitised again before the Muso plays it.

If you really want to upgrade, I would suggest a pair of speakers and a proper stereo setup would be a real step up.

Thanks Robert. Is there a way to pass the sound from the DAC to the muso though? I am wondering if I can leverage it to improve sound quality.

The DAC must be close to the Muso as it would have to connect to its analogue input with a cable.

And as Chris said before, you would be feeding an analog signal via the mu-so line input. As you are using roon, stick with that; the raat implementation means you can have hires 24/192 handled within the mu-so itself.
It will work via dac to line input, when I was at naim we had a gen 1 mu-so in the office which I hooked up with a meridian explorer dac and it sounded good but roon direct I suggest would be better.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.