Concerts planned for 2020

Nice one Mike, i have heard of them, but never had any feedback. Wife does not have sea legs though, keep us posted👍

1 Like

I’m so jealous,been on my list to do for a while.

1 Like

Same here, so I’m travelling solo.

Never thought of that…let us know how you get on.

I wouldn’t worry too much about ‘sea legs’.

I have been on quite a few cruises, including cruises in the general area in which you will be sailing. Cruise ships of this size are more or less completely stable. You wouldn’t need sea legs unless you were to encounter a tropical storm - pretty unlikely in March.

Not sure how many people will be on your cruise, but bear in mind that the theatres on cruise ships will not be able to accommodate even half of the guests on board. No doubt some of the smaller acts will be performing in the bars and nightclubs on the ship at the same time as the main acts are on the main theatre stage. Even if this is the case, hopefully, they will have a sensible ticket pre-allocation policy & lots of repeat shows each day, otherwise it will be a case of getting to the main theatre venue for the big acts very early to catch the acts you really want to see.

2 Likes

Rammstein in Turin in the summer 2020

1 Like

Goldfrapp in March; they’re doing a six-date tour to celebrate (?) the 20th anniversary of the release of Felt Mountain.

Sadly I couldn’t get the ticket I wanted in the pre-sale (London) but settled for Birmingham which isn’t quite so convenient but still accessible enough.

2 Likes

Goldfrapp at the Festival Hall (front stalls, row K :smiley:) 29th March.

Goldfrapp at the De La Warr Pavilion, Bexhill (standing), 1st April.

1 Like

That looks great Mike, have a fantastic time!

2 Likes

I’m seeing the Dead South at the Manchester Academy at the end of February, going on my own as I don’t know any DS fans at this end of the country.

1 Like

And Goldfrapp again… this time on 30th March!

1 Like

Elton John at Helsinki in September. I was lucky enough to get the tickets after failing to see Celine Dion.

1 Like

https://musichall-worpswede.eu/produkt/sa-08-02-2020-in2thesound/

Current bookings…

Jan [3]
Field Music (In Store); Claire M Singer; black midi

Feb [7]
Admirals Hard; Anna Meredith; Lisa O’neill; black midi; Sam Lee; These New Puritans; Field Music

Mar [1]
Kelly Moran

Apr [1]
Laurie Anderson

May [1]
Squarepusher

June [2]
Hélène Grimaud; The Necks

3 Likes

Sarah McLachlan on February 2nd at Benaroya Hall.

3 Likes

Evanescence and Within Temptation May 1st in Birmingham. Part of my 60th celebrations!!

1 Like

Anthony Braxton and Alexander Hawkins at Café OTO, 21st January!

1 Like

@Denis_Anderson

Where is Laurie playing?
I’d love to see her again…

Well, I’m desperate for a couple of tickets for Paul Weller at Pompey Guildhall in May.

1 Like

Katie Melua in Reading in November.

1 Like