Concerts Planned for 2023

Birdy in Madrid in April.

Arctic Monkeys in Manchester with my kids.

1 Like

Despite what he may or may not have said about the situation in Ukraine I’ve booked tickets for Roger Waters at the O2. Been a fan most of my life and never got round to seeing him live yet and this could be the last opportunity I get.

I can understand your decision!

I have seen Roger Waters live in the past, so I guess it’s not such a big deal for me to decide not to purchase tickets for his current tour.

His last show was fantastic, and so I’m sure you’ll enjoy the show.

I just hope he doesn’t choose to air his contentious views about the Ukraine conflict as part of his show.

1 Like

You taking some marshmallows to toast?

Depeche Mode in june
Tori Amos in april

2 Likes

Thank you for the alert about Tori. I am on the mailing list for her dates but didn’t see this at all! Happily just secured tickets at the RAH - there weren’t many left!

1 Like

I found out by the venue’s mail list rather than her own mailings… maybe she will mail out later :wink:

1 Like

Roxy Music ,Manchester next Wednesday.

4 Likes

Me Too.

2 Likes

The music is always great, and most of the time I’m able to separate the music from the musician. I hope you enjoy the show! I’ve seen every one of his tours over the past 10 yrs or so and, again, the music is always great.

Springsteen @ Villa Park in June/ Roger Waters in May (though having pondered on his Ukraine comments I maybe regretting this purchase) and Pixies in March at the old Birmingham Hummingbird (now renamed).

1 Like

Agreed …same decision I made…hope we don’t regret it.

Dead and Company, San Francisco, July 15th!

2 Likes

Just booked tickets for Badbadnotgood in December and Royksopp in February in London

2 Likes

My wife and I are going to see Charles Lloyd at a very nice jazz club an hour away in early November (2022; so not really on point to this thread).

Thanks to @JosquinDesPrez for pointing out this tour and being adamant that I need to see Mr. Lloyd. He truly is a legend in every sense of the word.

And his current trio is him, Bill Frisell and Thomas Morgan. Should be really special.

2 Likes

Im sure I will see Dead & Company at Fenway Park here in Boston. I’ll wait until a few days before the show to buy secondary market tickets just to ensure I’m not standing in the rain as I’m too old for that :D.

2 Likes

Sounds like a good plan. Unfortunately I’m flying over from the UK so I need to plan ahead!

The Chapel Trio you mention is a special group, but so is his Ocean Trio that you will see in Portsmith, with Gerald Clayton and Anthony Wilson. :slight_smile:

I am traveling to Denver to see the Ocean Trio on Nov. 8. I have family to visit in Fort Collins and will take along my bicycle to get in some mountain riding (weather permitting), so it’s a no-brainer trip for me.

1 Like

Oh I thought that Bill Frisell is with him based on reading the calendar listings wrong!