Configuring Bubble UPnP on Synology for Naim legacy streamer

After experiencing constant dropouts or full on stops of the stream while using Tidal for the last 24 hours on my NDS, I’ve decided to try installing Bubble UPnP Server on my Synology NAS to use that to stream Tidal to the NDS, per the suggestion of the hive here. So I’ve managed to install Bubble UPnP Server on the NAS, but can’t for the life of me figure out what to do next to get it up and running. On the Synology package center page I see the Bubble UPnP Server as an installed package, but it only says “installed” beneath the icon; every other package I have says “open” under it. Because of this, I have no way I can see to configure Bubble. Though I suspect that’s due to ignorance on my part.

Can anyone help? I must profess complete ignorance here. Even if I could figure out how to open up a configuration page for the Bubble Server, I’m not sure I’d be able to figure out what to do next. How do I get the Tidal stream to the NDS, and how do I control it? Would I still use the Naim app on my iPhone, or would I use a different app?

I’ve checked the archives, but it looks like everyone else is more proficient at such things than I am and doesn’t require basic instruction, and I don’t see a simple run down of what needs to be done to get it running.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

There were a couple of useful threads on the old forum that explained what you need to do. It’s reasonably straightforward once you’ve found what to do. I’m a bit busy at the moment, but if I can find the info later I’ll pass it on.

Have you installed Java as well?

Yes. And enabled user home services, per the Bubble UPnP website. Just don’t know what to do next…

OK, you access Bubble via a web URL on your PC or tablet. See here for instructions.

https://bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpserver2/docs/config_overview.html

You’ll need to amend the IP to the same one as your NAS.

OH MY GOSH. That was the issue; I didn’t realize I had to use the IP of my NAS followed by the proper port (also, due to certificate issues I couldn’t open it in Chrome but it worked in Safari). Should have figured that out. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

At the top left corner of your synology web GUI you find an icon that opens a dashbord (or how ever it is called). This offers icons to open installed apps. There you find the bubble upnp server app. A click will open it in a new browser window.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.