Connect StageLine to NAC200 and NAP202

The AT should be fine, I’m sure.

What was wrong with the Pure Sound P10? A lovely phono stage, especially when you try some NOS tubes in it.

Nothing wrong, I loved it. Thought going full Naim would be better if I added an outboard PSU. I can always get my P10 back as a friend has it, I let him have it for £300 so it’s an easy repurchase we swap stuff all the time money is more like a deposit.

NOS valves? are they expensive?

I’m a big fan of the P10, and indeed I have one myself, albeit it doesn’t get used so much as I only use MM carts on my collection decks that don’t see much use. I do have some SUTs (including Pure Sound’s own) but while they’re all fine, they are not at the very top level, which is what you really want here, and which can make the P10 a contender with the very best. That sort of top level SUT though doesn’t come cheap.

NOS = New Old Stock. Some can be expensive, yes. Vintage Telefunkens have a great rep, but are very costly. I like Philips gold pin Miniwatts. Mullards are nice but a bit syrupy and overly warm to my ears.

So have I dropped a Bl**k Changing the P10 for a Stageline?

Not necessarily, if you preferred the Stageline over the P10 then that’s fine. I do think that the P10 has the potential to outperform the Stageline though.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.