Connecting 252/Supercap/Nap 300 : alternatives to Superlumina?

Writing just “ Chord “ is not really a discussion, more a written point :smile:

I would be curious to know why Naim does not sell a Superlumina to connect Supercap DR to 252

The Snaic between the 252 and Supercap only carries power for the 252 digital circuits. It does not carry audio signal.

The wires to look at are those between the Supercap and the power amp if you want to try something different.

You could ask them but possibly it’s because they feel that the SNAIC is just fine as it stands.

As an aside, I remember when I was working at the factory and we were looking at trying to develop a Din-XLR version of the Hi-line for use with the NAP250, 300, and 500. Trouble was, while it was great as a source interconnect, it really wasn’t that great between pre-amp and power amp. So don’t make the mistake of assuming that what works well in one part of the system, will work just as well elsewhere in the same system.

I was confusing with the Snaic between 252 and Supercap: in this case the Snaic does not carry signal but only power.

Instead in the case of the Snaic between Hi-Cap and 282 this cable also passes the signal.

Therefore it is not necessary to replace the Snaic between 252 and Supercap and as you have rightly observed it would only invalidate the warranty.

There are several people very happy with the Witchhat Morgana DIN-XLR (including myself) for a small fraction the cost of SuperLumina.

2 Likes

What about the replace of Burndy between 252/Supercap?

Any discussion of non-Naim cable alternatives that carry power is strictly verboten.

Call me old fashioned but I find the stock cables and A5 just fine…

4 Likes

Can definitely recommend witchhat morgana, i run them between 500 / 552, plus rca to din on both my sources.
They go very well with naim, and certainly inpove on the standard cables and hiline.

Improve in HiLine?

Are you sure?

In what?

As in the interconnects, hiline v morgana. Had 2 hiline’s before, both now gone and replace with the morgana cables, but the xlr to din between the 500/552 made the biggest improvement

2 Likes

I’ve changed from hiline (supercap to 252) and standards (nap300) to both witchhat morganas and would definitely not want to change back - both changes (done individually) show cables make differences.

1 Like

?

G

There is no such thing as HiLine for SuperCap to 252.

It is from the supercap for superline - taking phono signal to 252.

1 Like

That wasn’t clear, since you didn’t specify. It was easy to assume you referred to the SNAIC connection for 252 power, rather than a SuperLine connection to a preamp. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.