Connecting 2x555PS to ND555

Yes I have Qobuz and I am making comparisons. Thank you for the suggestion.

Maybe @Michaelb could say us if the streaming on Qobuz was uplifted since he has the Innuos Statement.
Thereā€™s also the audiophile switch that may considerably enhance the sound quality. Most with Nd555 use the Uptone Etheregen or the Innuos PhoenixNet.
Difficult however to predict if a second 555 dr will give more uplift vs a high quality switch with a top linear ps or vs an audiophile server like Melco or Innuos.
But each of them give very nice uplifts.

1 Like

For me (and I suspect others) it wasnā€™t either an upgraded switch or additional 555PSDR. The end game (ha!) is always maximum optimisation.

Which ever you do now, the other will follow.

I guess.

G

The Innuos Statement improved everything. Anyone only using Qobuz would be well advised to give their Pulsar a listen when it comes out.

My hunch from experience of the upgrades is that the second ND555 PS would be beat any other improvements, but I havenā€™t made a direct comparison. May do one day when I have more time.

1 Like

I belief the 2nd PS will beat any of the mentioned upgrades. However it would be not smart to do the upgrade if you are not considering the others as well. You only get the total result when all components are in place. The Melcoā€™s are wonderful improvements, the switch is absolutely in improvement especially when you get an advanced oneā€¦., and finally Ethernet cables do make a difference.

1 Like

Absolutely agree with that. I think the 2nd power s will come in the new year.
Going to start with EtherREGEN but canā€™t at the moment find any place with one in stock.

Will attempt to write some comparison reviews as I go.

I had the same troubleā€¦ā€¦in the end bought direct from Uptone. They shipped it with a replacement to them costā€¦ā€¦so the import duty to the UK was then much lower, worked out a bit cheaper.

Out of production due to world shortages of chips. Uptone say they hope to be back in production in Feb 2023.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.