Connecting my new Atom Unity

Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum and I am about to receive my Atom Unity.
I am trying to figure out how to connect it to the rest of my equipment. I am also getting a new pair of KEF Meta speakers LS50. I listened to my neighbor’s Atom and the KEF Meta speakers and they sounded absolutely great! So connecting the speakers seems simple with the right cables and connectors. My Marantz CD player I will connect to the Preamp IN. A subwoofer in the future to the Preamp OUT. My older Sony Bravia connected via an optical cable, since it has no HDMI ARC. Now, what about my LG Blueray DVD player, where would it connect to the Atom? Or it can only connect to the TV and how to control it, if it would be an AV unit? Or, I could leave the DVD player connected to my Pioneer Elite AV unit and just connect the TV via an optical cable? Not sure what to do. Thank you for your help.

We connect our Panasonic Blu-ray to the Panasonic TV using HDMI, and then connect the TV to the Naim using optical. You just switch to the digital input on the Naim and either TV or Blu-ray work fine.

1 Like

On my Blu-ray, I connect the HDMI to the TV and the coaxial audio output to a NDX2, You can do the same with an Atom using coaxial or optical from the Blu-ray if it had it, or go via the TV optical output as per HH’s post above.

1 Like

What subwoofer are you using with a Uniti Atom and KEF Meta speakers or similar?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.