Connecting to Orbi mesh system

@Kryptos spot on. I used my Orbi exactly in this set-up: wired from system to one of the satellites. In the meantime I have a wire directly to the router and the Orbi just generates Wifi for all other things
Iver

2 Likes

Mine does too now, because they’re both operating at 5GHz. I only had the problem during setup. I ended up using an ethernet connection to set up the Mu So QB 2… I also get the Mu So a static address, although I’m not sure if that made any difference.

Wow, these days that can easily be quite a performance limitation leading to lower wifi performance than it should be. I think given that I would be wary of recommending these devices with modern performant wifi networks… useful intel, thanks for sharing.

Yes that works well.

Test how close you can place it though. I found that placement too close to the hifi generated a noisy buzz through the speakers. Waving the Orbi satellite in front of the amp volume control made it loudest. I ended up siting the Orbi about 2m away and there is now no audible interference.

Then you just need to figure out what Ethernet cable to use :slight_smile: if you can brave those waters.

Aside from the discussion whether or not what makes what difference, I got some Bluejeans cat 6a patch cables to wire to the Orbi. They seem to work pretty well and did not cost a fortune.

1 Like

Good, yes wifi access points tend to work better when Ethernet connected… I only use wireless uplinks in more remote places with low performance requirements like the patio etc.

1 Like

Quick thanks Simon … using Roon have changed the 32bit…render to 24bit … feeding ND555 evaluating over next few days…so far after a quick listen…more open…I will have a full session tomorrow… Cheers!!!

1 Like

Hi

Can I just check if you set any other configuration on the Orbi in addition to AP mode?

Thanks
Paul

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.