Connecting tuner - input signal can not be muted

A related question. The 552 (or any pre) should have an empty shelf below it, to provide at least minimal distance from other devices. But what if you don’t have a spare shelf and your tuner (or other device) has to live a couple of inches below your 552? If you turn it off during serious listening sessions, does that take care of the issue, or is the mere proximity of other electronics, even switched off, considered bad?

My tuner is an elderly Creek 4140, and so doesn’t have a humungous Naim-style toroid inside it, but I still wonder about it.

Thanks for your response. Does the dipole give you adequate reception/ sound quality.

Yes, but I want to delete a preset. That can only be done via remote. Or do I have another chance?

Adequate yes, but not sufficient for the tuner. I thought about other options. Bought another antenna and will try to install it over Xmas. Will tell you about the outcome.

1 Like

Great, thanks. Looking forward to your findings.

When I set my presets, I think I ran a scan and re-wrote the presets from the front panel.
I can’t check now as I’m not at home

Now the nat 05 has his final place in quadraspire :o) top floor.
Just recognized, that the din socket is loose. It’s different from the other ones - no screws.
Think this is the Naim feature. Not the plug inside - the complete socket is loose.
Think this is ok? Correct?

It will feel a bit ‘loose’ - the socket is attached to the PCB rather than mounted to the case itself and the PCB mounts that Naim use allow a bit of movement.

1 Like

There is more than a bit movement… it is quite some movement. But as everything is sounding fine, it is ok for me.
Will take it to Naim anyway because of a dimmed logo.

The loose DIN socket is designed that way, its a form of decoupling, intended to sound better.
It’s the same with IEC power socket.

1 Like

That’s how the 5 series is designed. It’s absolutely fine and there is no need whatsoever to be concerned. The bigger boxes don’t have wobbly sockets, because they are connected to the circuit boards using wires, which gives the desired decoupling.

Mine’s like that too. Normal. Relax!

Hi
I was ill so I had no chance to do any testing.
I have checked the different antenna and it was worse than my Oehlbach dipol
Placed the dipol (t-Form) near the window. Looks a bit… but works.
Best regards

Many thanks.
Is this the one you are using?

Correct - exactly this one !

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.