Connections to Nait 5si

Hi. Apologies for the remedial questions. I’m buying a Naim Nait 5si and am not sure which connections on the rear I should use for my turntable (which has on onboard phono amp) and my bel canto DAC. Both are connected via simple RCA interconnects.

Does it matter which input I use for my two sources?

Thanks very much
Steve

Steve, all the inputs are line level so any should do fine - note that AV can be set to unity gain though and that HDD has both an IN and OUT set of sockets. There are some benefits to using the DINs (see FAQ) but you’ll be fine using the RCA Phonos. If it were me I’d use the CD input for the DAC and the Tuner input for the TT.

2 Likes

Isn’t it funny how our brains work. My instinct is always to connect the TT to CD and the streamer/dac to Tuner. I just couldn’t cope the other way round. It’s either acute OCD or something to do with living through the 80s. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks very much Richard. Appreciate the reply. Easy enough.

1 Like

That’s pretty funny, Paul. I hearya as an old fart as well has growing up with a dad who fixed electronics for a living…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.