Considering Simrak. Any experiences to share out there?

As title - my rack isn’t perhaps up to the level of the rest of my system and if I am to upgrade I will need some extra shelves to accommodate more boxes. I can’t afford a Fraim and have no space for this in any case. Aesthetics is also a consideration…

Sorry have not heard this rack. I was put off by Fraim prices but patiently waited and purchased second hand via my dealer. As i type this there are some for sale on ebay and likely elsewhere as well that might be cheaper than a new Simrak. I know others on the forum have picked up Fraim this way…and it does make a difference to SQ, you have a great system, it deserves it.

Unfortunately the alcove where the Naim sits is a little constrained for Fraim - and perhaps more importantly SWMBO has veto’d it on looks. I can probably get away with oak veneer, bushed aluminium and glass though - hence the interest in the Simrak.

I think @FangfossFlyer was interested in Simrak judging by a posting he made on Cymbiosis site, may be he gave it a listen?

there was a thread on that racks by @Count.d.

very nice

1 Like

Hi,
I have never heard them but they look well built and very cool.
Richard

1 Like

i would more consider the speakers, not up to the task…before the rack.

1 Like

This may well be history by now but if he’s still using something like a Target rack, all MDF and steel, the one pictured above should help sort thing out a bit better. Going to a Fraim lite did a fine job for my system from coming from a Target, though I later regretted not getting full Fraim. The one in the picture looks the part and gets rid of the steel at least. Cymbiosis seem to be involved so it might even work, will they demo it?

I’ve heard the Kudos C2s with a similar system and apart from a rather muddy bass (in the demo room) were well suited to the 282/250, the mud was cleaned away when we put a supercap in place of the single hicap, showing the importance of the preamp, what 2 hicaps would have done I never bothered to find out but I’d expect the C10s not to suffer from a similar bass problem in the first place.

Really cool look Sim, I want one! Based on the look! Bloody 'ell

1 Like

Hi Sim, I’m considering getting a second rack to replace a 3-tier Isoblue. The new rack would sit alongside an old Ash Design rack which, in terms of appearance, is quite similar to the Simrak. Could you tell me roughly how much each of your Simraks cost. I assume it’s significantly cheaper than a Fraim. Also, do you have any idea how the Simrak compares to other racks in terms of sound quality?

Not sure this is within Forum rules. A certain HiFi dealer nr Leicester sells these though and they are on his website…

I like that they are pretty narrow and both look good with olive and black stuff. That cd player looks perfect there. Is it a cd2?

1 Like

But the price isn’t! Give us a clue please

Why not just phone, email or ask the maker, Simon?

1 Like

Dimensions would be appreciated too.

Take a look at the “information” part of the site, that’s where the price lists are. For Simrak think about £ 260-280 per level.

2 Likes

Search engine of your choice
Cymbiosis
Menu
Information
Price lists
Simon Price
There is a price list dated October 2019
From the pictures the glass is “Naim width”
Pictures show a Nait or preamp
Price list gives usable gap
Simon Price has a website as well, nice furniture

2 Likes

Thanks for the pointer - I just Googled “Simrak Cymbiosis” and found a page of blurb with no prices. Thanks to your help I find that all the price lists are indeed under Information but you need to know that Simrak = Simon Price; I didn’t but I do now.

1 Like

I’ve had Simrak racks for some time. Fraim was not an option due to space restrictions. They will also make custom racks for unusual sizes of equipment (I have one with an extra ‘foot’ at the rear to support my Arcam AVR850. Racks wholly compatible with Naim amps etc as regards size. Just make sure that you get the correct heights!

As regards sound quality, I can’t comment on how it compares to Fraim. However, it was a definite improvement over the Sound Organisation racks I was using before.

1 Like

I think they look marvelous

1 Like