Cookies corner

NOT LOOKING FOR EXPLANATIONS. And then there is the newly integrated grammar nazi informing me that I’m no Shakespeare.

2 Likes

Thanks - perhaps we shouldn’t expect too much from iPad - Apple’s own discussion fora are utter pants on iOS devices :smiling_imp:

David, I honestly don’t think that’s the intention here. I don’t know what you can’t get rid of it - if you’ve consented then it should disappear. I’ll ask our web developer if he has any ideas why you’re experiencing this.

Not untrue for the ipad but this behaviour suddenly started with the font disaster, the new grammar nazi and now we get the Cookie Monster. Sorry, I thought this space was for Customers…

As of yesterday, I have received the consent request and even though I’ve agreed it won’t go away. I can minimise it to the annoying little triangle as below.

1 Like

Indeed. Have you been violated by the grammar nazi widget-thingy? I find that particularly hostile.

Appreciate your frustration especially if you use iPad a lot for the forum, the site devs will undoubtedly improve what needs to be improved but will likely take a little while to do so.

1 Like

No; no pop up that has challenged my grammar. Maybe it thinks I’m a lost cause…

1 Like

Sounds painful!

Sadly it is what it is for now, I love a good rant myself, and your posts have brought a smile to my face but you’re gonna push your blood pressure through the roof if you’re not careful!

2 Likes

Or a lost clause…

3 Likes

Logged out and then logged back in again and the triangle has gone thankfully. I shall be vigilant and be on the lookout for the grammar bot…

2 Likes

Yes, you’re right. I’ve ranted enough on this one clearly, but I’m quite sensitive to customer user-experience and when things go wrong I feel compelled to let the responsible parties know. Calling it a night now.

1 Like

It’s an incredibly important facet of a user support forum - some things just make people go away never to return, or at least dramatically reduce their participation which could be a real loss on a fairly niche user to user support site.

1 Like

Yes, I keep being asked to consent over the past two days too.

1 Like

I received today a similar message: do you agree for cookies or something like that. A bit strange indeed.
However it happened only once.

1 Like

What happens if you don’t agree.

If not agree, I guess the site is restricted in its functionalities. But it’s strange that it appears on this forum.

Sweet FA, still works the same!

3 Likes

Cheers.

Had this too. All sorted by logging out and back in again. Settings remain the same as before.