Copying to Uniti Core

I’m looking to add the Core to my Nova. I currently stream my music from my Mac in the office which has a 4TB drive attached. Music files are mainly ALAC and FLAC with the odd MP3, AAC and WAV.

Can I copy the files on my existing drive to the drive I can install on the Core? There is no way I’m going to rip all those CDs again!

There’s a few historic topics that suggest it’s possible

1 Like

Thank you

Something I just thought of, can an external drive be connected to Core via USB?

I know I can connect to the Nova but that is limited to 1TB

I don’t have one so I’m not an expert. I’ve just been reading up as I consider what to do with my CDs.

I don’t think I’ve heard of someone adding additional external storage. (That is what you are asking?)

Obviously you can replace the internal drive but that’s not quite the same.

1 Like

Thanks again, much appreciated

You have various options see screen shot.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. Is there a size limit to the drive to the Core? I would probably add at least 4TB

6tb internal

1 Like

Thanks, it was the size external drive attached via USB I was pondering. As I have one plus 2 back up’s I could start by plugging one of the back up’s into the Core via USB

Yes, I use the internal drive in my core for its own rips and an attached USB drive for anything else.

1 Like

Thanks Richard, is there a size limit on the attached USB drive?

I don’t know. I have a 1TB portable drive in there and it’s fine.

1 Like

Thanks Richard

Is your Mac connected to the same network that you will use with the Core? If so you don’t need to move the music files at all, just give the Core access to them over the network and it will play them. That’s how any UPnP server works.

If you prefer to copy the files to the Core internal drive that’s fine too, put them in the Downloads folder - locate this in your Mac Finder, and copy the files across.
Attaching a USB drive is another option.

1 Like

Thank you

I used to own a Core,I had a 3 TB Western digital external hard drive plugged into the rear USB port. I used the 1 TB SSD internal drive for rips I did on the Core only. All the music will combine together in the Naim App.

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.