Core Configuration

I have experienced situations where a CD will not rip at all in my UServe, I have given up for some weeks, then attempted again whereby the CD ripped without errors. Not very often, but it had happened recently with 2 CD’s.

Insidently, I have never seen my UServe tell me that a track was an ‘error rip’.

I did try that once and it did rip ok on my PC. But when I got the Core I tried again and this time I paid a lot of attention to cleaning the CD. I ended up with one track that ripped with about 25 errors but I couldn’t hear anything wrong with the ripped track so I’m glad that the Core didn’t discard it. How critical errors are must depend on what exactly is playing then.

Best

David

I would like to make a shelf in my Fraim that holds the Naim Core, Power Supplies, Cisco and eR. This would mean putting the Naim Core on its side. Are there any issues rotating the Core so the slot is vertical? I would add some rubber bumpers to the side.

YES, indeed. This is how I FINALLY got it to work. THANK YOU Very Much. It still seems odd to me that there isn’t a simple 1,2,3, etc. process in the ‘directions/set-up’ in the NAIM materials. But, as I have been saying, it must be a numb nuts like me who can’t figure it out. Everyone else seems to have figured it out. I just wish it hadn’t taken me weeks of starting/stopping/cutting power/resorting to ‘managing music 300 times’ etc. etc. to figure this out.

1 Like

It’s not the most intuitive.

Are you a politician? “Not intuitive”…well said. Anyway, thanks to all commentators here, I have about 300 successfully ripped. I now have about 80 operas (all multiple discs, of course) to go. What I have noticed so far, despite following all directions about ‘albums,’ ‘composers,’ etc., there does not seem to be a way to go back in AFTER all the CDs have been ripped and ‘move them around’ (in terms of ‘composers,’ ‘albums,’ ‘artists,’ of whatever). And when I say ‘move them around,’ I, of course, do not mean that literally but simply the ‘arrangement’ of the titles and listings for presentation and access purposes. So, before I drive myself crazy looking for help from NAIM, can someone please direct me to a specific NAIM source and/or thread (or outside NAIM in an independent YouTube or whatever), that discusses simply how to organize and ‘manage’ one’s new ripped Core holdings of all the CD’s? THANK YOU. Again, one more time, please, please understand this is not a criticism of the wonderful NAIM system…it is simply this numb nuts frustration trying to find some support for the basic functionalities. It is interesting that so much - if not almost ‘all’ - of the support topics deal with the ‘set-up’ (Internet, router, etc. etc.), which is relatively easy, but almost none on how to play it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.