Core died or has it?

If you have the backup on a USB HDD, as I do, then you can set that as a share and have the Core play from that while you get a new HDD. But you do need the Core itself to still work of course. And as David says, you can backup from Core to NAS if you want to.

Are you at home locked down or at work Chris? I’m assuming your role would be regarded as essential…

Hope you are safe and well anyway.

Best

David

Of course, if you have a current generation Naim streamer, you can just plug your USB drive straight into that and let the built in Naim server take over, so you are covered with no additional hardware, NAS etc.

We are fine here, thanks. Hope you are, too. I’m locked down at home for the time being. My role at work is mainly involved with routine maintenance, and the policy is to keep a bare minimum of personnel on site to keep things running, so for the time being I get to stay at home.

Yes we are good too thanks. Luckily we can get some brisk walking in to keep, or hopefully even improve, our fitness, which is a key survival thing for over 70s if you actually get infected apparently. I am so paranoid about social distancing that I get nervous at less than about 10m, but mostly that is fine.

The main challenge is getting food as there are no delivery or collection slots available at all from our local supermarket, which happens to be Tesco. They haven’t sussed out giving priority to older or otherwise vulnerable customers at all. In fact I see no evidence that are even trying.

Best

David

New HDD inserting, restoring from back up…10% of files uploaded in 4.5 hours!

It takes a while. Just give it space. If you interrupt it, then it will take a lot longer!

Glad it’s working anyway.

Best

David

Thanks for your guidance David.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.