Core, Melco or Innuos Zenith

Yes, all the imputs.
But @Gazza, @Darkebear…Bart, etc…can confirm.

552 or Nd555 on top? Same will attest.

Enjoy :smiley:

1 Like

I currently have the nd555 on top with the 552 on medium Fraim below with some air spare, a rack below with nothing but air…then then the nap500.

1 Like

And all imputs enabled or not ?

Interesting question…no only the inputs etc i use. It depends on who you talk to at dealers or Naim as to what is best. To me its marginal in my room and system, but I prefer switched off if never to be used.
Perhaps @Darkebear can give you a view from a more revealing system.

1 Like

I will pay him a visit soon to see what the oracle has to say.

1 Like

I wasn’t aware that Antipodes has new servers . I see now a ripper, but no server/ ripper in one box as before. But worth investigate. You can eventually buy a ripper, rip all your cds, and sell the ripper after. One member has done that with the Melco.

I would say if anyone is keen on Roon and Innuos, to hold on and see what the native Innuos app will offer.

Maybe a total red herring and be a dire app, but given these guys do it in house I think we may see a mix off a control and curating app probably for free.

Lately I discovered Tidal Radio, not as good as Roon Radio, but given I can select it by a track I like i can better tailor to my needs.

My HiFi - and me - have been off for a few days due to something intermittent tripping my house mains - still not identified culprit - annoying!

Will get back to such pleasures once I’m more sure I’m sorted.
High heat seems to have upset something here…and now I’ve got thunderstorms arriving… :skull_and_crossbones:

Back later - hopefully! :bear:

DB.

Hope it is sorted soon, took them over a year for us about a decade ago…even bought my own generator…they eventually replaced a set of pylons and a substation and we had a mobile generator out in the road while the work was completed.

My fault is ‘something’ internal tripped the breaker three times in a day - a process of gradual elimination is ongoing to find the culprit. The HiFi is only today going to be used from cold again today - it is unnerving when it all cuts to nothing! :sweat_smile:

Hopefully back to normal in days ahead.

DB.

1 Like

do they plan a native Innous app? I’m using iPeng and really don’t like it…

If you can’t pin this down to a faulty appliance, I would suspect a poor connection somewhere in your mains wiring. Could be something as simple as a poor connection in a wall socket, junction box, or even in the consumer unit itself.

1 Like

Indeed - several things to consider.

I’ve not had this problem in 30 years living here so it took me by surprise. The wiring is unchanged for 15 or so years since I had the ‘HiF mains’ installed - that circuit did not trip.

I’ve found a few items that conceivably could have done it and sorted them - filter-cap breakdown in an old mains-smoother plug I used to reduce on-off clicks at the fridge is one item gone for example.

Trouble with this kind of fault is you don’t know for a while unless you find an obvious culprit.

DB.

1 Like

HI DB,
Recently had the same problem and, if it helps, it turned out to be a socket with an integral usb charger, it took me months to narrow it down.
Quickly removed and working well again.

1 Like

I guess if the wiring hasn’t been dirturbed it probably isn’t the culprit. My worst case was the electric cooker circuit, which was fine until we tried cooking Christmas dinner for 16 people, and with 2 ovens and all the rings on it would conk out and trip the breaker after a couple of hours. I eventually pinned it down to the connection to the back of the MCB, which the electrician had overtightened, stripping the thread, so he just stuffed the wires into the terminal. Replacing the MCB was simple, but it took forever to find the fault.

1 Like

Yes but I was told upon enquiring delayed to later this year due to covid

1 Like

toasters used to trip my old house mains.

Innuos can be used as a server only and attached directly to a Naim streamer via Ethernet. That’s how I use my Innuos Zen Mini 3. Much cheaper than a Core and does pretty much the same thing if you just want a server.

Yes the Innuos native App is in the works. I’ve been told by Innuos in the next month or so…

2 Likes

They have been saying for a year the app is coming lol :joy:

Yes you can use the Innuos as a server that way but really you don’t need a streamer to do this you just need a DAC

1 Like