Core ‘Newest Music’ view change?

On the Core when I add music to the Downloads folder the ‘Newest Music’. view would show it. Not any more. The music is present and easily found, but it doesn’t show in that view. Cd rips do show in that view.

Anyone else notice this?

Added five albums last Friday. All lead the listing under newest music so no issue here.

I suppose you aren’t looking at “Newest CDs” by mistake?

Anyway I would do a power off restart of the Core and stop and restart the Naim app. That normally fixes any oddities in Core behaviour.

Also happened to me today. Just restarted naim app and new cds appeared properly

Is this when browsing the Core, or using the Core as a uPNP server on a streamer?

When browsing the Core

I finally figured this one out. When I scrolled down the Newest music’ list I did find the two albums…as if they had been loaded months ago. Both are downloads from the excellent ‘Lost Recordings’ label (Sarah Vaughn and Art Blakey live recordings). So I think this is an issue of the Core using meta data in those downloads instead of the date I added them to my Core.

This is a little niggle that Naim should fix. Newest Music view should late in the day order you loaded them, not some hidden date in the meta data.

I have never seen this problem with the Core. I frequently add downloads I just bought and sometimes these are old recordings and sometimes new. They always appear in the right place in the newest music list.

What you could try would be deleting the downloads in question, do a power off restart of the Core and then re-add the downloads. Use the original download rather than a new download. What happens?

Even simple[quote=“davidhendon, post:8, topic:22005, full:true”]

What you could try would be deleting the downloads in question, do a power off restart of the Core and then re-add the downloads. Use the original download rather than a new download. What happens?
[/quote]

I’ve not seen that problem either, and I’m a very frequent user of the newest music menu.

An even simpler way to get a downloaded album reindexed is to rename the folder

Guys I had never seen the issue until recently. If you want to please purchase some top 176/24 quality recordings from the label I mentioned (The Lost Recordings) and see if this comes up as an issue for you. 99% of the time the newest music view works perfectly … but something in the metadata from this company tricks the Core.

Nonetheless they load and play fine…and the music and recording quality is excellent as many reviews have pointed out

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.