Core SSD Drive Recommendation?

Just wondering what is the latest recommendation for a 2TB SSD drive to replace the original Seagate drive in my Core?

The samsung 860 evo replaced the previous version the 850. @davidhendon would know best.

The current Samsung drive is the 870 EVO. I have a 2 TB one in my Core and it works fine.

Best

David

Thanks gentlemen, I will order one up this could be a very very expensive SSD drive replacement just spoken to my dealer and he will install the new drive and leave a 552 on demo !!!

1 Like

It’s very easy to install yourself and then you could avoid the temptation of the 552!

You will need an uptodate backup before you/he change the HDD for a SSD obviously……

Best

David

1 Like

Just about to order, the Samsung is 2.5 do I need a 2.5 to 3.5 adaptor ?

Thanks

Either will fit

Which Drive Should I Use?

Choosing a drive for your Uniti Core can be a bit intimidating, but any 2.5” or 3.5” SATA hard or solid state drive will be fine. We recommend the Seagate Pipeline/Video 2TB hard disks (HDD) or the Samsung 850 EVO 512GB/1TB solid state drive (SSD) - we have found these to provide the best audio performance. If you are unsure or have any questions, contact the Tech Support team who will be happy to help.

No it just fits right in. You should have some different (shorter) screws for the SSD. Both sort are delivered with Core so maybe you kept the SSD ones in the box?

Thanks all , SSD being delivered tomorrow I will have to find the screws ??.

Dealer is contacting me shortly to arrange fitment of the drive and the 552 demo.

Tell him to bring his own screws! He needs three only…You could also buy them on Amazon for delivery tomorrow.

1 Like

Just to update, 2TB EVO 870 drive installed today files copying from my back up at the moment thanks all for your help.

1 Like

The restore from backup takes ages, 2 TB would take more than a whole day, so give it lots of time.

1 Like

Dvid , I have about 1Tb of music looks as if it will take till the morning to restore from the back uo.

1 Like

Yes I reckon about 18 -20 hours for 1TB, based on my experience of restoring 400GB when I installed a bigger SSD recently.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.