Cricket

Spending it on the current county system would be a waste of money.
The current structure is not viable and pouring £400 m in would only delay the overdue restructuring and waste a golden opportunity.
Unless of course somebody can come up with an idea to make a sport watched by two men and a dog pay!

2 Likes

I’m doing well thanks Ian, had a very minor blip at the end of last week where I pushed my physical limits too far and needed a couple of days of downtime. But my daily walk is up to 1.1k (just short of 3/4 mile), I’m cooking meals rather than zapping ready meals, I’m very hopeful that my trip to London from mid-December to the New Year will be safe and practical. How are you doing?

2 Likes

Thanks Eoin, great news about the cooking of the meals , far healthier - it was microwave meals that were a factor in my illness , as were several other things - like not looking after myself . The odd setback is only to be expected , we learn our capabilities .
Like you I set myself targets and 1.1 k sounds really good. Smart watches, Fitbits etc weren’t around when I was poorly so I just used to set myself targets based on the road I was walking .

Life for me is getting better, over the fatigue issues and starting to plan more exercise (even if it is a walk to the farm shop, coupled with some gardening)

Best wishes

Ian

1 Like

That’s good news my friend.

1 Like

Day one test between Aus and the WI, Aussies won the toss and are batting first.

It’s Australia’s first test in 5 months.

Aussies finished day one on top 2/293.

Windies cricket is not in a great place just now. Not surprised if they get well beaten on their Australian Tour

Meanwhile England have 14 squad members unwell with a ‘virus’ ahead of tomorrow’s Test match v Pakistan. Might need a few loo breaks during play? There is some talk of a day’s delay.

Bruce

Well you guys do love a curry.

3 Likes

Abu Dhabi T10, where on earth did a 10 over game spring from. How can anyone say this is good for the game, there’s about 4 people watching it live there’s absolutely no atmosphere. It’d be quicker to introduce the crown to the players.

There’s so much short format cricket around these days I’m surprised I haven’t been offered a contract.

1 Like

What format are we playing?
3acf9b1a-9016-4c33-a37e-bdecf02b204f

1 Like

I didn’t you guys were going to be able to field a team.

Pakistan rolled out the red carpet for England’s return to Test Cricket, and they are playing on it.

Records broken at lunch, 174 for 0. Playing good positive cricket without much risk. Great commentary to wake up to!

Bruce

3 Likes

Time for England to fill their boots.

506 runs for the day. Not a bad days cricket!

1 Like

amazing score - 4 centurions - well done gents
BBC reporting fastest ever to 500 runs

1 Like

Surely pitch not test standard - must be flattest track ever?

Possibly, but it seems that this ground is rarely any different. That seems OK to me if other matches have different surfaces as part of the rich variety of Test cricket.

Unless you lose the toss!

1 Like

Seems there’s a run feast everywhere, no sure what it says about the pitches the batting or the bowling. England may have 4 centuries in one innings we managed 2 double centuries.

1 Like

The Australia v West Indies looks a slow old game, must be a dodgy wicket!:wink:

IWs didn’t bowl well however currently none for 70 odd, think the pitch will deteriorate on day 3.

1 Like