Cricket

Tsk, another England collapse.

I was hoping for 1000 by the end of Day2.

Bruce

3 Likes

I know it’s not really relevant the the score that was posted but the tail did capitulate, does that worry you.

No!

When you have thrashed over 650 at 6 1/2 an over it would be hard to criticise. Runs at the top of the order have been far more of a problem recently. I do still wonder if Livingstone has aa shred of cricketing intelligence and I suspect when Foakes is well enough to play (and Bairstow recovers next year) neither he nor Jacks will play. Duckettt might be harder to drop?

Ultimately this is a match against a very inexperienced Pakistan attack on an absolute road so best not to reach too many sweeping conclusions.

Bruce

Meanwhile the WIs got off to a good start but they’re currently 7/267.

I’m so looking forward to the Ashes next year.

Have you plans to travel?

No tbh we’re having second thoughts about coming. We’re going to give it some serious consideration after Christmas.

OK. I wasn’t sure if you’d got tickets. I have failed to get any in an initial ballot at my two preferred choices of venue. I suspect more may be released at some point, and quotas for visitors may be different but they are still likely to be scarce, and expensive!

Bruce

I’d sent emails to get on a list to 2 grounds and they haven’t even bothered to acknowledge or respond. Very disappointing.

That’s rather unusual a batsman and a bowler wearing glasses.

Sorry guys but I hope you have a better spinner than Leach up your sleeve.

Not for many years.

To be fair he has gone for less than 4 an over, the main Pakistan spin bowler went for 235 runs at over 7!

Bruce

We won’t need a spinner with Archer and Woods fit.

Archers been missing for a long while, is he ever coming back?

He has been bowling again for the England A side, very cautious workload etc.

Will he be able to bowl with the same kind of pace that caused the Aussie some issues. I get the impression he’s fragile and may not last long.

Good for the game if can comeback with form.

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Clearly they are working him back slowly. I am just pleased he appears to be targeting a Test return. It would not have surprised me if he decided to stick to white ball formats. Might happen yet.

Bruce

I suggest we review your post in about 8 months time!! :wink:

1 Like

Aussies rap up the 1st test against the West Indies.

At least a bit of fight in the final innings from WI