Cricket

Hello,

Still checking , these are just some

Quite a few pubs have big TV screens , including the Freemason’s Arms in Covent Garden (claimed to be home of modern football - it’s where the FA drew up the rules. No mention of VAR back then )

I also checked for you whether tours of Lords were available - this includes the Long Room - sadly not available

The Anchor at Bankside sounds ok just had a look online. Gee there’s a lot of street closures in London today.

Lots of work gets done of a weekend , less interruption that way

Checking the Anchor has a TV

Lots of roads closed for a cycling event. I should know as I was in a black cab held up on London Bridge. Still a beautiful summers day to be out on two wheels. Good on them.

2 Likes

Just watched final of IPL , amazing match between Chennai and Gujarat , fans stayed to 1.30 a.m , Dhoni out fro a Golden Duck :duck:.

All down to last ball , Ian shouting at screen :tv: ( very rare ) T20 at it’s very best

2 Likes

Made me feel that it was almost a game in England with the rain interruption :grin:

1 Like

England team for Test vs Ireland on Thursday:

England Men have named the following XI for the Test.

1. Ben Duckett
  2. Zak Crawley
  3. Ollie Pope
  4. Joe Root
  5. Harry Brook
  6. Ben Stokes (captain)
  7. Jonathan Bairstow (wicketkeeper)
  8. Stuart Broad
  9. Matthew Potts
  10. Josh Tongue (Debut)
  11. Jack Leach

Do you think thats the team that will line up against the Aussies

I think 1 to 7 look likely. Robinson and Anderson will come in if fit. Potts and Tongue very likely to give way unless they have a party against Ireland. Imho.

1 Like

As above, although Mark wood might get a game if fit (hasn’t been playing much if at all recently due to family reasons). Will depend if they risk Stokes much with the ball-which is sounding unlikely to me.

Not a team to inspire with form, fitness or real class but…we have been surprised by this unit all last year.

Bruce

1 Like

Hopefully Anderson and Robinson will be fit in time for the ashes. I’d like to seeWood included to add variety.

1 Like

Lord’s have introduced a new all electronic ticketing system. It does not take a genius to realise that the way they have done it was going to be catastrophic at the gates.

I now detect a slight air of panic as today, the day before the Ireland test, they have issued instructions as to how to print your ticket at home. :grinning:

2 Likes
1 Like

Sitting down to watch the first day of Test cricket this summer. Definite tingle.

Can England continue this run of attacking, winning, cricket or will the bubble burst?

Can they start the Ashes without anyone else getting injured? :crossed_fingers:

Bruce

2 Likes

Does the England v Ireland March start today

20 minutes ago…

Bruce

Dam Mrs Pete’s just started watching Mrs blood Harris Goes to Paris.

1 Like

Well, we’ve got good weather for 5 days it seems (some cloud but primarily sunny), and of all the Tests this summer, this is the one which shouldn’t run for 5 days :grin: …and it seems to be going that way.

It is a 4 day Test by design in fact.

Last time they played they managed 7 sessions…

Judging from this over it might be similar!

Bruce

Ah, thanks for correcting me – yes, I remember last time, the match on a green track IIRC, when England batted impatiently to start with.