Crumbs!

I am using very large filled bubble wrap courtesy of Amazon and others…
I am talking about bubbles of several inches long/wide to keep cables apart.

2 Likes

Remember @JimDog, wait until the house is empty before you start snipping up pipe insulation and inserting it around your cables. Don’t want to be reported to the men in white coats.

4 Likes

How could those whacky home made Caractacus Potts Heath Robinson ideas beat JimDog’s patented underlay squares? Only £15 for ten squares, free 3rd class postage within Lancashire.

Price guarantee - if you see them dearer elsewhere we’ll charge you the extra.

2 Likes

My Chord Epic Reference leaves the amp, dives under the floorboards, runs through 25mm plastic conduit for 4 metres then resurfaces just behind the speakers. Does wonders for WAF (sounds pretty bloody fantastic as well!).

I recon you could sign up Peder and FrenchRooster!

Do you despatch to Sweden and France?

4 Likes

Mrs JimDog thinks they’re terribly smart!

2 Likes

This is a simple thread about the benefits of regular cleaning… Please please please let’s not get everyone posting pictures of every cable lifter trawled from the internet.

3 Likes

I totally agree with HH - don’t give ‘Cut and Paste’… sorry ‘Peder and FR’ the idea!

Back on topic, I have a rebuild / refresh to do in the next couple of days of my system, to add in my new XPSDR, and quite frankly I am looking forward to it, as every time I have gone through the process there have been positives.

Yes, as Henry Miller always said, Never Digress! (From the topic of cleaning and polishing).

1 Like

I like my Hutter and obviously I’ve other issues right now sound wise but the whole tightening the Fraim once a year thing has always put me right off them.

1 Like

Que?

A simple thread indeed. I dusted the other day :roll_eyes:

:sunglasses:

1 Like

They don’t need tightening every year if properly tightened up in the first place Mike.

1 Like

Upgrade to a cabinet that doesn’t need tightening…

1 Like

HH why are you replying to me? I didn’t post any pictures of cable lifters.

I was humorously (or so I thought) suggesting that JimDog could sell his cable lifters to our Swedish and French friends. Lighten up, for goodness sake.

If all we are allowed to talk about is dusting, the tightness of our nuts and polishing our balls, this thread could soon run out of steam. Could be the subject of the next Carry On film though.

As you are aware, this is a public forum and you have to take what comes if you are the OP.

6 Likes

The system sits there everyday looking purposeful and without making a fuss (mostly). Doing it’s wonderful thing when we want it.
We sometimes lose sight of how lucky one is to have them looking back at us and quietly asking “well, what are you going to put on now?”
So regardless of dust, it is worth taking it all apart and putting them laid out on the bed and giving them all a cuddle every now and again to show them that they are appreciated. :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

I must admit, I haven’t rebuilt my stack (Fraim) for years but I know I should. I have managed to install (replace) various black boxes over recent years without tearing down the stack.

It is a task I do not look forward to but once I start I will get stuck in. It is just getting the motivation to set some time aside and just doing it.

I’m still waiting for the call that says my Simrak is ready. When this arrives I will obviously need to migrate the system over and freshen all the contacts. Will be a chance to re-dress the cables too. I’m looking forward to seeing if the sound improves significantly…

I’m amazed by the improvement, it’s well worth doing. When you install new stuff it is easy to get things not quite right. My Powerlines are so much better organised now - when I bought the mains block a few months ago the extra wires ended up coiled under the Fraim and now they don’t coil at all. It’s only by starting again that you can ensure everything is arranged just so.