DAC V1 / Mac vs ND5 XS2

Hello everyone,
Mickael, I am new to the forum.
Today, I have the following configuration:
unitiqute2 (just serves as a streamer via the digital output) + DAC V1 + Nait XS3.
When I configure my DACV1 in “Fixed Output” connected to an input of the XS3, the little I take off the volume of the XS3 and the sound is already very loud.
How is it possible?

When I use the DACV1 as a pre amp connected to the XS3 “power amp in”, no problem, I can finely adjust the volume with the DACV1.

Afterwards, I think I could lighten my configuration by taking an ND5XS2, hoping that I can finely adjust the volume with this configuration.

ND5XS2 is a priori a step above the DAC V1 and makes a nice couple with the XS3.

I hesitated to take a NAP250DR instead of the XS3 but I did not want to multiply the boxes knowing that in the future I would like to add a vinyl turntable to this set.
If anyone has an answer for me about the very high volume when I configure the DACV1 in “fixed output” connected to a “streamer” input of the XS3.
Thank you in advance
Good day to all,
Mika

Don’t use fixed output. Reduce the volume on the dac v1. Fixed or variable goes through the dac v1 preamp anyway, so set the volume to what is most suitable for you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.