DAC V1 Servicing

Hi All

I have a, new to me, DAC V1 (2013) and am curious about servicing. The screen is different to the failing OLEDs in the SU, UQ I believe (ready to be corrected but I have not seen much discussion about these needing replacement) but what about the internal capacitors? There are some medium sized ones that will need replacing at some point presumably. What is the recommended service interval? And at what cost given Naim’s new servicing hierarchy?

Many thanks (in anticipation).

I’m sure @NeilS can give some overview on what is done to a DAC-V1 during a service.

As for when due I would guess same as other Classics.

For cost, best liaise with your dealer and discuss what’s required.

If @NeilS responds I have the same question for the nDAC

1 Like

I also have a preloved DAC V1 in my second system, so would be interested in any response from @NeilS :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A a generic answer, high current/voltage units (amps, power supplies) usually need servicing first. Lower current/voltage items much longer. I would imagine a DAC would fall into the latter category.

2 Likes

Yes - servicing is available for the n-Dac & DAC V1, which involves replacement of the large reservoir capacitors.
Interval is the same as the source equipment of the era.

Regards
Neil.

2 Likes

Thanks for getting back @NeilS.

So that’s 10-15 years between servicing then? And only thing that needs doing is the replacement of the 4, maybe 6, capacitors? Doesn’t sound too expensive then :wink:.

1 Like

Correct!
As Richard said above - you’ll need to talk to your dealer regarding pricing.

Regards
Neil.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.